Linux gaming is BETTER than Windows?

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

There is no demand to switch to Linux. Period.

That's what I said.

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

What will get people to defect from Windows is OEM's actually making it a boot option, and for that to happen, all the OEM's have to decide on what flavor of Linux they want to support. Which so far has been split between Redhat (IBM) and Ubuntu (which used to be what Google and Steam used to use, but have since forked Gentoo and Debian instead respectively)

There's no motivation by anyone to try and get people to migrate, It's not even a thing beyond the odd forum discussion where people think it is important to absolutely draw lines between OS's.

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

When it comes to cheap, internet servers, people use Linux because it costs nothing to install on generic whitebox hardware (eg supermicro servers, and repurposed workstation/towers), and works on the most common Dell and HP servers, even with their proprietary BMC and RAID hardware. That's the single most common reason Linux got a foot-hold. Had Linux not come along, that entire space would be taken up with FreeBSD (or it's forks), which is the only actual descendant of original Unix that is free (and I'm discounting OpenBSD/NetBSD which is a parallel fork of what became FreeBSD and Dragonfly BSD which is a fork of FreeBSD 4.x, for all intents the BSD systems are more compatible with each other than Linux flavors are.) 

Cloud systems based on Xen are Linux-based and can only run Linux clients (primarily CentOS) unmodified. Windows and other OS's require more effort to run, and if you're just spinning up web servers, you don't really need any other OS since Apache HTTPD or NGINX are available on all OS's, and likewise perl, php, ruby(on-rails), and nodeJS can all be installed on any OS. So unless you need some specific thing that only works on Windows, you're already covered by Linux.

The desktop however will just never be unshackled from Windows. Not as long as Microsoft builds game consoles. If Microsoft ever decides to abandon their games console platform (and it would not surprise me if they did, given all the other hardware stuff they've abandoned, if something like Stadia actually worked for everyone.) Then the rise of cloud gaming will be what gets people to stop buying desktops since there will be no reason to own when when an iPad or a smartphone connected to a USB-C dock can replace it.

It's just horses for courses. nothing more.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I installed on my Laptop Debian on a SSD how to install my Games there?

From AT. :x

6 hours ago, Required said:

I installed on my Laptop Debian on a SSD how to install my Games there?

Install Steam, install the games, and if they aren't native Linux titles go to

Steam > settings > steam play and enable proton for all titles.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

What? I want install Crysis 1, 2, 3 on Linux like Linus are mean that work.

3 minutes ago, Required said:

What? I want install Crysis 1, 2, 3 on Linux like Linus are mean that work.

https://www.protondb.com/search?q=crysis

All three run on Proton. Follow the instructions here.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Where can I download that for Debian?

4 minutes ago, Required said:

Where can I download that for Debian?

Read my original reply to you.

You don't "download" Proton. You just enable it in Steam settings.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, mr moose said:

There's no motivation by anyone to try and get people to migrate, It's not even a thing beyond the odd forum discussion where people think it is important to absolutely draw lines between OS's.

I know right.

LTT-Ichoselinux.thumb.jpg.a54211c858280585c7e1515694cff275.jpg

It just continues to be true that pretty much every Linux flavor is still the more fiddly OS, and OEM's are the only way a oem-supported non-fiddly Linux OS gets into peoples hands.