Possible release date and price of PS5 leaked on Amazon France

Do you think the PS5 price is reasonable  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the PS5 price is reasonable

• Yes around 5 to 600 USD is good
    • No it should cost less

On 6/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, huilun02 said:

Why buy what is essentially a computer, but instead of being able to used to pay for itself, is instead artificially constrained to bleed your wallet at a faster rate?

To play the many fantastic exclusive titles that don’t make it to PC. 

Spider-Man, The last of Us and Persona 5 were some of my favorite games last gen. 

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So OtherOS was built in initially, but later removed.  The military wasn’t the only group that did it.  I doubt that matters though.  The link indicates Sony removed the feature because they were worried about a possible break in rather than one that actually took place, whereas the argument I read stated that that the reason Sony removed otherOS was people often weren’t buying games for the machine but were instead using it purely as a Linux machine and they were losing money.  Makes me question how much money was actually lost.  Does explain why the thing didn’t appear to be very useful as a non games machine though for personal users such as myself.  I do remember people suddenly being on the hunt for older unupdated PS3s because they would still “work” which implies the theory about Sony wanting to sell more games was not completely without merit. There can be more than one reason to do something.

Another reason people tracked down older PS3 systems is because they're the only models that have full PS2 support. The launch 20/60GB models have the PS2 GPU/CPU in them and have excellent PS2 support.

As Sony made revisions to the system, they started removing PS2 components, impacting PS2 support and by the time the slim model was released, PS2 support was fully dropped.

The issue with those launch model PS3's is that they suffer from the same problem as the launch 360s, with their own version of the Red Ring of Death (called the yellow light of death).