Is my CPU... still good? Should I upgrade

Hey! I have an AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU. Works great, just wondering if it would be in my interest to upgrade to something better; or if I need a better GPU. I just want to run all my games at an even 60fps at a good-great graphic quality. Thanks for the help!

PC specs: 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core

GPU: GTX 1060 SSC 6bg

RAM: 16gb

Motherboard: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

2 minutes ago, Vic.Z said:

Hey! I have an AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU. Works great, just wondering if it would be in my interest to upgrade to something better; or if I need a better GPU. I just want to run all my games at an even 60fps at a good-great graphic quality. Thanks for the help!

PC specs: 

I mean the CPU is quite dated but honestly if its doing everything you need and you are happy with the performance you should be fine. That said you probably should upgrade because you won't notice any benefit from getting a better GPU because that CPU will be holding back its performance pretty significantly. I would suggest even something simple like a Ryzen 3 3300X as the single core and multicore performance would be massively improved over what you have.

Quote me or @TwilightRavens if you want me to see your reply. I may go inactive for a long time from time to time because I forget how to socialize, but I will be back... eventually.

Main Gaming PC

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X || AsRock X570 Taichi || G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600MHz 2 x 16GB C16 1.35v || AMD Wraith Prism || Phanteks Enthoo Pro E-ATX || Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC || Samsung 970 Evo 250GB NVME SSD & Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME & Crucial 960GB SATA III SSD || EVGA Supernova 750W Platinum PQ || Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 || Gigabyte M27Q 27" 170Hz 1440P & Acer 21.5” 1080p 75hz IPS || Logitech G213 Prodigy || Logitech G502 Hero

Laptop

AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with RadeonGraphics || ASUS TUF A15 ||  DDR4 3200MHz 2 x 8GB C22 1.2v || ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 4G GDDR6 || 512GB NVME M.2 SSD  ||  Ubuntu 22.04.1 (Jammy Jellyfish)

4 minutes ago, Vic.Z said:

PC specs: 

FX CPUs are severely outdated by this point. A Ryzen 5 3600 would more than have you covered. The 1060 may or may not be ok for whatever you want to do.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I think it's more of a matter of perspective, think of these questions.

1. Can I afford to upgrade my hardware?

2. Does it do everything I need it to do?

3. Does it give me any problems?

IF the answers to these questions lead you to replacement then so be it if not then don't. Save your money for when you do or for a rainy day.

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...