Aero cool Duo 12 pro with B450 F gaming mobo?

The_Real_Skeb

Hi, so I have the ROG STRIX B450 F gaming mobo and I want to buy the aero cool duo 12 pro fans but I’m a little confused if they are compatible on my mobo or not. I have watched multiple video about them but I’m still confused. The pack that I’m buying have 3 of the fans with the small hub. The fans plug into the hub via a 6 pin proprietary plug and then the hub plugs into a sata for power and this is where I’m confused, apparently there is also a 3 pin plug and a VDA plug but I’m pretty sure my mobo doesn’t have those (correct me if I’m wrong) but why would I need them if I have sata? The simple answer I want would be if they would work on my mobo or if they would not. 

thanks,

19 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

I have watched multiple video about them but I’m still confused.

Check the product website instead:

https://aerocool.io/product/duo-12-pro/

this is where I’m confused, apparently there is also a 3 pin plug and a VDA plug but I’m pretty sure my mobo doesn’t have those

(correct me if I’m wrong) but why would I need them if I have sata?

There has to be a way to control fan speed and RGB settings. The hub needs to be able to talk to your motherboard for that, hence the PWM plug and the RGB plug. It may be possible to directly control the hub for motherboards without those headers (although you probably have at least the PWM header). It's all explained in the product page.