So I was very scared to put my CPU/CPU cooler/RAM into my motherboard. What are the chance I broke something, I was using an anti-static band+I was using an anti static workstation. I think that I took all of the right precautions. Also I feel like I screwed in CPU cooler too tight. Is that possible? Thanks :) 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

If the cooler officially supports the socket, it's only theoretically possible to screw cooler too tight. 

I edit my posts more often than not

4 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

Also I feel like I screwed in CPU cooler too tight. Is that possible?

By the way - is something wrong or is the question precautionary?

Thanks y'all. I was so scared. 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

6 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

By the way - is something wrong or is the question precautionary?

what do you mean?

6 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

what do you mean?

Have you put your rig together already and is there somekind of problem with it?

Or are you just asking to be sure that it wont happen?

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Have you put your rig ttogether already and is there somekind of problem with it?

Or are you just asking to be sure that it wont happen?

I only put the CPU/MoBo/CPU cooler/RAM in. My case is arriving from Newegg on Wednesday. So on Wednesday I guess we will see if it works!

19 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

I only put the CPU/MoBo/CPU cooler/RAM in. My case is arriving from Newegg on Wednesday. So on Wednesday I guess we will see if it works!

You should boot it up outside the case first to see if it works.

No need to buy antistatic band.

Just touch a wall or something if you have some static in your body.

Some tips:

- CPU : make sure you align it well, be gentle when you put it.

- Memory : don't push it too hard, align the memory ridge with the motherboard and it will naturally slot it self.

- Heatsink : press it down a little and wiggle left to right before applying screw / mount to spread the paste evenly.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w