Buying a PC

Go to solution Solved by AresHimSelf,
58 minutes ago, gloop said:

I’m gonna go through this once since the thread is already way to long, you don’t need 11 pages to get a good part list. 

CPU- 3600 should hold you for 3-4 years

motheboard- ok budget option, shouldn’t be able to upgrade to anything more than a stock 3700x though

ram- cheapest 16gb 3200mhz kit

storage-240fb ssd for boot and most used programs, then 2tb for mass storage 

GPU- 5600xt is 2060 perofotmance for cheaper

case- cheapest one with a fan preinstalled

psu- WAY overpriced, but the cheapest I could find that is decent in quality. 

i don't know alot about pc but i like the price and u seem like u know what your going to it must be good i just want a Pc that get high fps and i can stream at good quality u know with this build will i be able to???? and the case i wanted a RGB something like this

Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case 

but is it good???

3 minutes ago, youngboy said:

They might, might not. Boards could need BIOS update for 3rd gen, so I would go Ryzen 5 2600 to make sure everything works

can u make a list with it 

i already have

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

3 hours ago, youngboy said:

1. Get either a Corsair or EVGA PSU. Get a PSU from reputable brands, like Corsair or EVGA or Seasonic. 

What the **** are you on about? Brands have nothing to do with reliability! If you don't know what you are talking about then don't talk about it. The PSU is one of the best for the price range.

3 hours ago, youngboy said:

3. You may want to go with Ryzen 5 2600, because your board might need a bios update to use 3rd gen Ryzen, so to make sure everything is compatible, I would go with Ryzen 5 2600 to make sure everything is compatible. 

ANy MSI Board with 'MAX' has guaranteed 3rd gen comaptibility.

3 hours ago, gloop said:

What the **** are you on about? Brands have nothing to do with reliability! If you don't know what you are talking about then don't talk about it. The PSU is one of the best for the price range.

ANy MSI Board with 'MAX' has guaranteed 3rd gen comaptibility.

thanks. i wanted a 3600, but i dont know alot so i go by what ppl tell me.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

need help finding a new Motherboard and Memory

I really don't like the small OS SSD/big mech drive meta, SSDs are too cheap to pass up anymore.  Just buy a single 1TB OS drive unless you have a ton of videos/music you just have to have local.  Applications just don't belong on spinning rust anymore and 250GB is barely enough to have 2 games anymore.

Also 700w is alot.  You could easily get by with 450w.

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Your PSU is fine. I would recommend getting a larger boot SSD, and perhaps get a 3300x instead of a 3600 and spend that extra money on an RTX 2060KO. Also, you can save money on your case. I also can't help but notice you left RAM out.

Agree about the RAM being left out and getting a larger boot SSD, but I'd go with a 2060 Super, or a 5700XT

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

*** Threads merged ***

Please keep this in one thread. Not 3,there's absolutely no reason for that.

Also I recommend that you atleast try to learn. There's no need to post just to tell that this is new to you, but you could spend some time to understand what you are gonna buy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Your PSU is fine. I would recommend getting a larger boot SSD, and perhaps get a 3300x instead of a 3600 and spend that extra money on an RTX 2060KO. Also, you can save money on your case. I also can't help but notice you left RAM out.

first build don't know what im doing but i im at a budget 800-820

9 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

A 5700XT is just a little lesser than a 2070S so if you can fit it in def get one.

i have a budget and i don't want any if when u build i want to be quick and easy but right u know???

2 hours ago, AresHimSelf said:

i have a budget and i don't want any if when u build i want to be quick and easy but right u know???

Go educate yourself on you tube from LTT or another channel and then you can come back and have a talk about the best hardware. 

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

I’m gonna go through this once since the thread is already way to long, you don’t need 11 pages to get a good part list. 

motheboard- ok budget option, shouldn’t be able to upgrade to anything more than a stock 3700x though

58 minutes ago, gloop said:

i don't know alot about pc but i like the price and u seem like u know what your going to it must be good i just want a Pc that get high fps and i can stream at good quality u know with this build will i be able to???? and the case i wanted a RGB something like this

but is it good???

46 minutes ago, AresHimSelf said:

but is it good???

that build will play fortnite at high FPS and and you will be able to stream at decent quality. that case looks alright but this is better. Buy that build, its a good config and will serve you well. You cant have 11 pages for one build guide.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃