Can any integrated GPU run L4D2 at 1080p@60fps?

JoostinOnline

Long story short, I'm going to be in a room alone for a week soon while some medical tests are done, and I'm just allowed to bring a laptop for a computer. I can't have visitors so it's going to be miserable, but I can at least game online. I'm looking for a cheap laptop. I'm not sure how far iGPUs have come. Can any integrated ones run a game like L4D2 at 1080p@60fps? A stable framerate is important to me.

Honestly kind of panic buying here, as I originally was going to be allowed to have visitors for several hours every day, but they changed their policy for safety reasons.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Anything Ryzen 5 (or with the 8 GPU cores) should be able to for sure. Just dick around with settings and don't turn on AA. 

I can personally test on my 2500U if waiting a few hours is something you could do.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Anything Ryzen 5 (or with the 8 GPU cores) should be able to for sure. Just dick around with settings and don't turn on AA. 

I can personally test on my 2500U if waiting a few hours is something you could do.

That would be excellent. The earliest I'd buy something is in 12 hours, and probably not that, but it would allow me to set a baseline. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the few multiplayer games both I and several of my friends have, but it's old enough that you don't see any benchmarks for it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

That would be excellent. The earliest I'd buy something is in 12 hours, and probably not that, but it would allow me to set a baseline. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the few multiplayer games both I and several of my friends have, but it's old enough that you don't see any benchmarks for it.

Did some testing at flat medium settings at 1080p on my 2500U and on some of the more intensive things I could think of (half of Cold Stream, the second and third missions of Hard Rain and the first mission of Dead Center), I was hovering around the 45-70fps mark, if that's something you wouldn't mind knowing. 

The big key with L4D2 is that it scales nicely to lower resolutions, but even with that in mind, the biggest draw is that particle-heavy situations are gonna sap performance the most.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.