Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ethernet "Unidentified Network No Internet" Help

Go to solution Solved by The Blue Cryptid,

Restarted my router one more time, and replugged Ethernet. I guess it's working now, I think it's a janky 8P8C connector that is at fault. Thanks for all the tips though,

My computer's ethernet connection is showing an "Unidentified Network No Internet" when I try to use my Ethernet connection. My Wi-Fi works fine on the PC, but it just suddenly stopped working with Ethernet. The light on the Ethernet port is on and all physical connections are good. I've tried renewing IP, flushing DNS, and fixing drivers, but none have worked. Any suggestions are appreciated, I just can't seem to crack this one.

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Do you think that we as humans do bad things, because we know that in the end nothing matters? Do we as humans only act good, because we grasp onto anything that will make it seem meaningful? Well, all I know is that we know nothing. And, If there is a god, I have no doubts that he too ponders and fears our meaningless existence" -Sportacus from LazyTown

30 minutes ago, The Blue Cryptid said:

My computer's ethernet connection is showing an "Unidentified Network No Internet" when I try to use my Ethernet connection. My Wi-Fi works fine on the PC, but it just suddenly stopped working with Ethernet. The light on the Ethernet port is on and all physical connections are good. I've tried renewing IP, flushing DNS, and fixing drivers, but none have worked. Any suggestions are appreciated, I just can't seem to crack this one.

Check the network adapter’s properties to see if you have any static IP information assigned to it.

Did you try booting another OS? A different Windows install or something like Ubuntu? Sounds like a software issue.

Guides & Tutorials:

Testing for RAM Errors w/ MemTest86

How To: Remotely Access a Computer, Server, or NAS

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

iPXE Network Booting to an iSCSI Target

In the Queue:

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

not sure if this will do anything, but did you plugged it in the ethernet port and not the wan port

lives on

BAKABT

Restarted my router one more time, and replugged Ethernet. I guess it's working now, I think it's a janky 8P8C connector that is at fault. Thanks for all the tips though,

♪♫ "2-to the-1-to the-1-to the-3 I like good OC and RGB. Configure so much, you wouldn't believe. And I get more blue screen than a Walmart PC" ♪♫

"Do you think that we as humans do bad things, because we know that in the end nothing matters? Do we as humans only act good, because we grasp onto anything that will make it seem meaningful? Well, all I know is that we know nothing. And, If there is a god, I have no doubts that he too ponders and fears our meaningless existence" -Sportacus from LazyTown