Microsoft, get you stuff together and be smoother. Rant

We Didnt_t start_the_fire

Seriously MS, login MS account on a new laptop took me 1h30 min, 30 min to figure out what it means when it gives instructions then have to open private browser for the 2 step email verification code since both are MS account/ outlook but they operate it separately from each other and MS does not support multiple user in MS account/&outlook. No wonder I like more Mac's, even PS feel more smooth then XBox. Because that was my security setup. 

My problem is, it doesn't necessarily provide a bigger protection, just more hoops to jump. 

Really a mess, have someone who speak comprehensible english to do your interfaces. Like really, unite and get your stuff together. 

7 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Seriously MS, login MS account on a new laptop took me 1h30 min, 30 min to figure out what it means when it gives instructions then have to open private browser for the 2 step email verification code since both are MS account/ outlook but they operate it separately from each other. No wonder I like more Mac's, even PS feel more smooth then XBox. Because that was my security setup. 

My problem is, it doesn't necessarily provide a bigger protection, just more hoops to jump. 

Really a mess, have someone who speak comprehensible english to do your interfaces. Like really, unite and get your stuff together. 

That's interesting... I just built a computer earlier this week, and had it up and running in about 2-2.5 hours from Amazon boxes to fully updated and ready to use with a new account...

Was it just the wording of something that was confusing or something else?

I'm not with MS or anything, I'm just always interested in seeing where hiccups arise in things like this.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

While I haven’t had similar experiences with windows, I have with Xbox. Years ago when setting up my Xbox one, it took me hours to setup an account and start to actually use it.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 hour ago, The1Dickens said:

That's interesting... I just built a computer earlier this week, and had it up and running in about 2-2.5 hours from Amazon boxes to fully updated and ready to use with a new account...

Was it just the wording of something that was confusing or something else?

I'm not with MS or anything, I'm just always interested in seeing where hiccups arise in things like this.

41 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

While I haven’t had similar experiences with windows, I have with Xbox. Years ago when setting up my Xbox one, it took me hours to setup an account and start to actually use it.

It could been worse, I could been locked out with the 30 days backup/security alternate change. By chance I have that running. 

Log in via windows wasn't a problem, but when you need to update your security info and credit card info to buy something via MS store, I needed to get a verification code with my alternate email which is also outlook and since MS doesn't support multiple account have a confusion as to which account I am in and code not working because it log in to the other account. I almost forgot which email I have as backup and have to go through old MS security email to see. (phone would be easier as 2 step verification but I don't trust MS with phone number and I change a bit so 30 days lock out period I want to avoid) And this instructions, took a while to understand it is the alternate email address they ask, the problem is if you enter the wrong one or as anyone would understand it, this should mean means the account I am trying to access, it doesn't say anything and go to next page and you would think you would have to code in that outlook email. (MS account and outlook is separate thing). I guess both email start with my name and about same length didn't help but that is still not on me. eg: both start with xx****@outlook.com but the hint only display those letters.

As for Xbox, I tried the 360 back compatibility, same thing, loop and loop of verification assuming your not lock out for 30 days. And I don't think it is setup yet. Also, I spend 1h trying to have my elite controller link to PC, and find out it doesn't have Bluetooth. WOW, like for something like that, no would think to check unless explicitly said in marketing material and assume it is there.

not the mention an hour on this post(lol, did enjoy it now but still). And there also a ton of problem with windows, small things that just add up to completely ruin the flow. MS is looking more and more like the new XEROX. 

Screenshot (92)_LI.jpg