Monitor won't shut off/sleep like it normally does

CuzinEd

I usually set my monitor to shut off or sleep after 20 minutes in the windows power management settings. The one where you can choose when to put your computer in sleep mode and when the display shuts off. 

It was working fine a day or so ago. Now it won't shut off. 

I usually just leave my PC on all the time and let the display shut off. I have never used sleep mode. 

I have had this happen in the past with other PC's but usually it eventually starts working again. I don't know an actual fix. 

My monitor has something called auto power off and sleep mode. Both are turned off. It's a ViewSonic VP2468. 

There was a Windows update the other day. I don't know what it was. It might have screwed something up. 

I have tried shutting the monitor off and then turning it back on. I have tries restarting the PC and even shutting it down and turning the monitor off and unplugging it from the GPU. 

Nothing seems to work. Anyone else ever have this issue? If so did you ever fix it? 

So for anyone who has the same issue I went digging around on the internet and found this. 

I am using the same Joystick, a Logitech 3D Pro. It seems having a USB joystick or a controller like an Xbox One/360 controller will stop your display from shutting off. 

That is really dumb. Why MS hasn't fixed it is beyond me. 

But that's how you fix it. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-screen-wont-turn-off-after-specified/51ede8de-2899-4d0c-a5cb-a45529396d2b

• 6 months later...

Was wondering for so long why my screen wouldn't go to sleep.

Was my Razer Orbweaver which comes up as a controller.

I disabled the driver and apparently this only affects the thumbpad if used as a thumbpad. Binding to key bindings does not affect it.