Experimental 120FPS Game Streaming!

nicklmg

so uh. why dont just use steam link/steam remote play?

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

ok i only had to click on the video and read the first line in the description and google rainway... 

this is a sponsored showcase please mention that in the title so i don't even need to bother looking. when i go to your channel i want information not advertising. 

She/Her

I've been looking into Rainway but just can't shake that there is a catch somewhere. Especially as they have a lot of VC money, though I've not seen any plans or announcements for paid versions. 

31 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

this is a sponsored showcase please mention that in the title so i don't even need to bother looking. when i go to your channel i want information not advertising. 

that does not mean it is false tho lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Am I the only one concerned about how a commercial company whose only product is free streaming software is trying to compete with an OSS project that does the same thing?

https://moonlight-stream.org

Where do they get the money funding this? Why should we trust their closed source software to not be malicious in some way when we already have OSS doing this?

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

that does not mean it is false tho lol

it being sponsored means that any critisism of the product is not allowed to be shown in the video or given the green light by the company sponsoring in order to make the video believable and neutral. 

you should at the very least take anything linus says in this video with a warehouse of salt or not believe anything he said and look it up yourself. 

She/Her

16 minutes ago, ryao said:

Am I the only one concerned about how a commercial company whose only product is free streaming software is trying to compete with an OSS project that does the same thing?

https://moonlight-stream.org

Where do they get the money funding this? Why should we trust their closed source software to not be malicious in some way when we already have OSS doing this?

aaaah yeah i've heard of moonlight for a long time but i don't have an nvidia card... which sucks. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, Ashley xD said:

ok i only had to click on the video and read the first line in the description and google rainway... 

I mean, he made it very clear it was sponsored... It literally says "sponsored by rainway" a few seconds into the video

So you can use this Software not only for Game Streaming but also for remote Desktop access like over Teamviewer ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Could this be used to stream a game running on a gaming PC to my laptop, while my wife is using the same PC to watch something on the TV which is hooked up as the PC's primary display?

If not, does anyone know if/how that could be done?

38 minutes ago, Charix said:

I mean, he made it very clear it was sponsored... It literally says "sponsored by rainway" a few seconds into the video

but he baited me to click on it. if it's sponsored it should say so in the title so it doesn't give him views from people like me that fundamentally disagree with this type of video. 

She/Her

14 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

but he baited me to click on it. if it's sponsored it should say so in the title so it doesn't give him views from people like me that fundamentally disagree with this type of video. 

image.png.e99e6a9aa14056f3ed38d91f43d23288.png

Sure, adding "showcase" to the title would've been better, but they didn't hide the fact that it was sponsored.

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

image.png.e99e6a9aa14056f3ed38d91f43d23288.png

Sure, adding "showcase" to the title would've been better, but they didn't hide the fact that it was sponsored.

you don't see that from the subscribtions page. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

you don't see that from the subscribtions page. 

Fair enough, though they do mention that it's sponsored like 15 seconds into the video, so you hardly lost any time out of your day.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Fair enough, though they do mention that it's sponsored like 15 seconds into the video, so you hardly lost any time out of your day.

that's not the point. it's baiting views for money, since the ads still load. 

She/Her

3 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

it being sponsored means that any critisism of the product is not allowed to be shown in the video or given the green light by the company sponsoring in order to make the video believable and neutral. 

you should at the very least take anything linus says in this video with a warehouse of salt or not believe anything he said and look it up yourself. 

A sponsored video isn't an advertisement.

Why should I not believe in anything he said?

There is a thing called trust.

I will trust Linus to a certain degree, because he and his team have shown to be trustworthy and I trust them to not lie for money and to not be sponsored by a product or company that they themselves don't believe in.

Just now, Ashley xD said:

that's not the point. it's baiting views for money, since the ads still load. 

How much do you think, let's say 20 seconds, translates to adsense?

2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

How much do you think, let's say 20 seconds, translates to adsense?

too much. i refuse to support content like this. 

3 hours ago, Senzelian said:

A sponsored video isn't an advertisement.

yes it is.

Why should I not believe in anything he said?

There is a thing called trust.

I will trust Linus to a certain degree

in a non-sponsored video i'd agree

and I trust them to not lie for money and to not be sponsored by a product or company that they themselves don't believe in.

i'm not talking about lying. not mentioning things isn't lying. for example let's say he does a sponsored video for a very thin veyr light laptop, and if he says in that video that it's good for travel because of the size and weight, however he does not mention the battery life is only 10 minutes, he didn't lie and he didn't falsely advertise the laptop. things like this are a slippery slope. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

too much. i refuse to support content like this. 

Seeing as you didn't even try to guess, I'm gonna use this site to hint at some numbers.

• Google pays out 68% of their AdSense revenue, so for every $100 an advertiser pays, Google pays $68 to the publisher.
  • The actual rates an advertiser pays varies, usually between $0.10 to $0.30 per view, but averages out at $0.18 per view.
  • On Average the YouTube channel can receive $18 per 1,000 ad views. This equates to $3 - $5 per 1000 video views. 

If this is true, then Linus will be rolling in dough from that view.

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Seeing as you didn't even try to guess, I'm gonna use this site to hint at some numbers.

If this is true, then Linus will be rolling in dough from that view.

he doesn't deserve the $0.10. 

jk i know i'm being a bit pedantic but he should have put it in the title. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

jk i know i'm being a bit pedantic but he should have put it in the title. 

That is a gripe that I share, but I don't think it's all that bad considering they didn't hide the fact that the video is sponsored.

Well, personally I have been using rainway for a rather long time since

moonlight streaming have issues connecting over the internet

TeamViewer and Anydesk have big paywalls and loses video quality very quickly

steam streaming only works locally

Parasec gets blocked by a lot of public firewalls

So far I don't have any major issues with the program.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just re-posting this since the thread seems to have derailed into a debate on advertisements.

Could this (Rainway) be used to stream a game running on a gaming PC to my laptop, while my wife is using the same PC to watch something on the TV which is hooked up as the PC's primary display?

If not, does anyone know if/how that could be done?