Why do JPOP artist when preforming live use sennheiser mics

sub68
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
34 minutes ago, sub68 said:

both SM58 and E900 Series are very good and reliable

I doubt it's the jpop artists specifically rather it's what the producers and the stage crew typically use. And knowing how the popstar industry work in Japan and Korea these groups are super manufactured by teams so the contractors and stage workers are probably often the same resulting in the same equipment to be used and to them they found this to bethe good mic for their style of music and production like how is in the west use the sm58 for basically anything.when I used to do stage work they have proven themselves to be the most reliable mics in our collection so I used it the most

I notice sennhiser E900 series mics (e935,e945.e965) are used a lot by JPOP artist compared to us and eu pop artists using SM58 and was wondering why.

SM58 are pretty good don't get me wrong.

I think its because of venues .

Band maid a wired e945 shown here at 0:23

https://equipboard.com/pros/saiki-atsumi

trysail uses sennhiser a lot

some times they switch to sm58's

eir aoi used a SM58 in 2016

aoi eir used sennhiser in 2019 SACRA

LiSA using a sennhiser mic

but I see her mostly using SM58's

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I guess it’s a very good and reliable mic

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

3 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

I guess it’s a very good and reliable mic

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Maybe the eu artist are ( or their audio technicians)

3 minutes ago, sub68 said:

both SM58 and E900 Series are very good

are longer in the business and  still use their 800 mics

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Might sound a bit weird, but I think it's mostly because of Japan's loyalty to German products.

Germany and Japan have been partners for many years and are both leaders in all sorts of different technologies. There is a certain trust for German products in Japan, just like there is a certain trust in Germany for Japanese products.

In case you can read German: 😄
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/aussenpolitik/laender/japan-node/bilateral/213038

Edit: Oh wait, does also exist in english: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aussenpolitik/japan/229264

5 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Might sound a bit weird, but I think it's mostly because of Japan's loyalty to German products.

Germany and Japan have been partners for many years and are both leaders in all sorts of different technologies. There is a certain trust for German products in Japan, just like there is a certain trust in Germany for Japanese products.

In case you can read German: 😄
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/aussenpolitik/laender/japan-node/bilateral/213038

Edit: Oh wait, does also exist in english: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aussenpolitik/japan/229264

interesting, but isn't shure a American company

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

20 minutes ago, sub68 said:

interesting, but isn't shure a American company

Heh.  Used to be.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  Used to be.

what do you mean?

unless they manufacture there mics outside the us

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

34 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I doubt it's the jpop artists specifically rather it's what the producers and the stage crew typically use. And knowing how the popstar industry work in Japan and Korea these groups are super manufactured by teams so the contractors and stage workers are probably often the same resulting in the same equipment to be used and to them they found this to bethe good mic for their style of music and production like how is in the west use the sm58 for basically anything.when I used to do stage work they have proven themselves to be the most reliable mics in our collection so I used it the most

Just now, rice guru said:

the stage crew typically use

coming from a audio engineer this makes sense

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

the sm58 for basically anything

yep same

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

And knowing how the popstar industry work in Japan and Korea

these are not idol groups

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

13 minutes ago, sub68 said:

what do you mean?

unless they manufacture there mics outside the us

My memory is sure is Japanese.  This means they likely either always were Japanese or became Japanese.   Might have recently become American (again?) in which case they were Japanese

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

My memory is sure is Japanese.  This means they likely either always were Japanese or became Japanese.   Might have recently become American (again?) in which case they were Japanese

Are you talking about Sennheiser?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I mean shure is not https://www.shure.com/en-US

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Shure.  My memory of the brand comes from consumer stereo equipment in the 80’s.

Just now, Drama Lama said:

he probably is but i know that its german

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sure.  My memory of the brand comes from consumer stereo equipment in the 80’s.

ahh no shure sm58 was made in the 60s

I think your thinking about bose

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

he probably is but i know that its german

It’s founded in Germany ( there’s even an LTT factory tour video) but some of their professional grade equipment is made in USA 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

It’s founded in Germany ( there’s even an LTT factory tour video) but some of their professional grade equipment is made in USA 

I know that sennhesier is german my middle school german teacher liked how I would wear sennheiser headphones

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 minutes ago, sub68 said:

sm58 was made in the 60s

So that might go along with my theory

57 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Maybe the eu artist are ( or their audio technicians)

are longer in the business and  still use their 800 mics

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

So that might go along with my theory

in what way

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 minutes ago, sub68 said:

ahh no shure sm58 was made in the 60s

I think your thinking about bose

Nope.  The site link didn’t mention consumer stuff at all.  The brand name might not even belong to the same company any more.  Shure was one of the Japanese companies that was part of the Japanese invasion that came into the US and ripped apart the consumer cassette tape deck market.  Happened with TVs as well.

Nope.  The site link didn’t mention consumer stuff at all.  The brand name might not even belong to the same company any more.  Shure was one of the Japanese companies that was part of the Japanese invasion that came into the US and ripped apart the consumer cassette tape deck market.  Happened with TVs as well.

I think your thinking about bose or sony

cause shure has been a American company for as long as i remember

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

I think your thinking about bose or sony

99% sure I’m not.  I had a shure cassette deck