Any Valorant players here? Do you know what this program is and why it's being blocked by Vanguard?

image.png.94a190ad52c714944e86116c2940bec0.png

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Do you have any RGB programs? That's usually what causes problems with Vanguard. 

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Do you have any RGB programs? That's usually what causes problems with Vanguard. 

I have Mystic Light and RGBFusion. However both of them launch just fine even after Vanguard blocked inpoutx64.sys. So I don't think either of them are the culprit. I don't even know what inpoutx64.sys even is lol

Googling around and it seems this is a driver for old serial ports in windows. Some have even linked it to being part of the macro logic with some keyboard and mice. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Cs342 said:

I have Mystic Light and RGBFusion. However both of them launch just fine even after Vanguard blocked inpoutx64.sys. So I don't think either of them are the culprit. I don't even know what inpoutx64.sys even is lol

I would try to uninstall either or both programs, I've seen people have problems with both programs. The file might not be a critical one, so even if it got blocked by Vanguard it might still be able to run. 

20 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I would try to uninstall either or both programs, I've seen people have problems with both programs. The file might not be a critical one, so even if it got blocked by Vanguard it might still be able to run. 

I'm just worried that this is some system level file and th at Vanguard blocking it would cause performance issues or bluescreens. If it's not important then I could delete it so that Vanguard stops notifying me about it? Is it safe to delete the file?

1 minute ago, Cs342 said:

I'm just worried that this is some system level file and th at Vanguard blocking it would cause performance issues or bluescreens. If it's not important then I could delete it so that Vanguard stops notifying me about it? Is it safe to delete the file?

It should be safe to delete, but someone in the below forum said they removed the file and Vanguard still says it is blocking it, so your milage may vary. 

Hi, maybe you can write into support from RIOT games. Or check on google that. I am playing Valorant. I think I had the same problem but I just  close vanguard while I was not playing and after I  have restarted my pc. Usually players do not have issues when they play valorant. I am playing valorant with my friends we use the best valorant boosting service and usually we do not have any problems. I can say that RIOT games did a really good game which will bring them a lot of money.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:21 AM, Cs342 said:

image.png.94a190ad52c714944e86116c2940bec0.png

I would just close vanguard while you're not playing, then restart your pc when you want to play

21 hours ago, 146268 said:

I would just close vanguard while you're not playing, then restart your pc when you want to play

that's a ton of effort to just play a simple game. Honestly they should just get rid of Vanguard like Doom Eternal got rid of Denuvo.

14 hours ago, Cs342 said:

that's a ton of effort to just play a simple game. Honestly they should just get rid of Vanguard like Doom Eternal got rid of Denuvo.

People only got hissy about Denuvo anti-cheat because it needed to be run even if you only wanted to play the single player campaign and had no interest in the multi player stuff.

Valoriant is an online only game and as such requires anti-cheat, but vanguard needs to be completely reworked so that it only starts when the game is run like pretty much every single anti-cheat solution out there and doesn't screw around with perfectly legit programs and bring down the OS in a big blue screen.