Zen+ max soc safe voltage

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
4 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

but first I want to know if max SOC safe voltage of Zen 14 nm and Zen+ 12nm should be the same or Zen+ should be lower. you know this is not core voltage. probably things different.

For the most part I like to keep it simple and keep it the same for all of them 

Either way anything over 1.2 will be bad and unless your super overclocking or trying to get on a leaderboard or something 1.2 and Below (specifically 1.1 is the best voltage but you can stretch to 1.2)  will be fine

actually would like to try and gain some experience. most of us does not even use 1,2V

Yea it's more of a higher voltage to get to 1.1 is Usually the sweet spot

max SOC safe voltage for Zen 14 nm is not really known surely. some says it is 1,3 V and others say 1,25 V. well, I experienced degradation of IMC at 1,26 V measured with multi meter at the back of the socket while actual input value was 1,19 V and HWiNFO reports 1,076-1,2 V with Zen+ CPU over months. this can definitely mean above 1,25 is not safe for Zen+ so I am going to try lower input value now 1,18 V which I measured 1,249 max reading with multi meter at the back of the socket.

Zen is 14 nm and Zen+ is 12 nm. do these 2 architectures share the same max SOC voltage?

Anything over 1.2 I would say is unreasonable and not advised

That includes zen 1 /+/2

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Anything over 1.2 I would say I'd unreasonable and not advised

That includes zen 1 /+/2

I actually would like to try and gain some experience. most of us does not even use 1,2V as input value as I did (1,19 V was mine and caused degradation) so if someone say max safe is 1,2. does that mean what you input in your motherboard bios or the actual voltage measured at the back of the socket. I want to try to input 1,18 this time to see if this will cause any degradation over time, but first I want to know if max SOC safe voltage of Zen 14 nm and Zen+ 12nm should be the same or Zen+ should be lower. you know this is not core voltage. probably things different.

but first I want to know if max SOC safe voltage of Zen 14 nm and Zen+ 12nm should be the same or Zen+ should be lower. you know this is not core voltage. probably things different.

Either way anything over 1.2 will be bad and unless your super overclocking or trying to get on a leaderboard or something 1.2 and Below (specifically 1.1 is the best voltage but you can stretch to 1.2)  will be fine

actually would like to try and gain some experience. most of us does not even use 1,2V

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Either way anything over 1.2 will be bad and unless your super overclocking or trying to get to a leaderboard or something 1.2 and Below (specifically 1.1 is the best voltage but you can stretch to 1.2)  will be fine

if it is known for 1,2 to be safe for zen and zen 2. this means nodes size does not matter here. since max safe core voltage for 7 nm zen 2 is 1,325 and 1,45 for zen and those can't be simplified to share same max vcore. I think I should go head this time and try 1,18V. it is a 3400G and I want most out of integrated graphics

1 minute ago, Islam Ghunym said:

I should go head this time and try 1,18V. it is a 3400G and I want most out of integrated graphics

Wait if it's an apu this is a completely different story 

The apu is basically connected to the soc voltage 

Since obviously it gets it's bandwidth from the memory channels just like the imc so it's tied together 

The more you raise the soc voltage the more it will most likely be unstable

I suggest trying 1.15 or 1.1 and then going up from there 

Build Log: 

21 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wait if it's an apu this is a completely different story 

The apu is basically connected to the soc voltage 

Since obviously it gets it's bandwidth from the memory channels just like the imc so it's tied together 

The more you raise the soc voltage the more it will most likely be unstable

I suggest trying 1.15 or 1.1 and then going up from there 

this is not what is happening in my case. memory are pretty stable at any voltage from 1,1 to 1,3 V (some very minor negative impact on lowest timings at higher voltages) any higher GFX voltage is going always to help because the graphic unit itself is not stable at low voltages when memory are pushed high if it is not dangerous. so higher SOC voltage is going always to help in my case in particular.

1 minute ago, Islam Ghunym said:

so higher SOC voltage is going always to help in my case in particular.

Oh I see 

I guess it really comes down to silicon quality 

Build Log: 

Oh I see 

I guess it really comes down to silicon quality 

I see t is a really bad sample.

Just now, Islam Ghunym said:

I see t is a really bad sample.

Usually the cases with apus are completely the opposite from you 

More soc voltage the more unstable it is 

But I guess there is an exception to every rule 

Build Log: