Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What could cause vga light on mobo, but pc is posting to windows?

Sometimes when I turn on my computer, the gpu will look like its off but everything else is on. I know it's posting and booting up windows, i just have no display, vga light on mobo and the "gefore rtx" light on gpu will be off. It's fixed with a simple reset. Something to worry about? PC works fine otherwise. 

RTX 2070 Super

Ryzen 3700x

ASUS x570 TUF gaming wifi

Could be related to the graphics card, the motherboard, the PSU, the BIOS or even the CPU.

If you can try to plug the graphics card into a different PCI-e slot and see if that fixes the issue.
Also make sure all PSU power cables and the graphics card itself are properly connected.

You can also update your BIOS.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Some Wallpapers I created

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Could be related to the graphics card, the motherboard, the PSU, the BIOS or even the CPU.

If you can try to plug the graphics card into a different PCI-e slot and see if that fixes the issue.
Also make sure all PSU power cables and the graphics card itself are properly connected.

You can also update your BIOS.

Hmm, I do need to update BIOS..

Idk if this helps, but my gpu usually turns on when mobo code light is yellow (DRAM). Sometimes it gets stuck in yellow and doesn't post/ When it doesn't and i still don't get a display, it goes past yellow (DRAM), past red (CPU) and gets stuck on white (VGA). Computer appears to boot up normally past that, minus display.