Monitor keeps turning off and on

RGBisKey

Hi all, take this as my final cry for help before I lose my s**t. A few months ago I purchased a new AXM 2428 monitor. I was attracted to this one because of the 144Hz capabilities at such a low price. Now I realize why. I had been gone for the weekend and when I came back last night and went to use my computer my monitor would turn off and on seemingly randomly. Now, before I had left for the weekend I installed 3 new fans into my PC but hadn't had time to test it or even turn it on. Could these fans be causing the issue? It's the only possible thing that has changed. The monitor power supply seems to be getting electricity as indicated by a light on it. Sometimes unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in will make it turn on for a little but again it just randomly shuts off. Could this be a bad cord? Bad port on the monitor? PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

If this was a new monitor, just RMA it. If this was a used monitor, open it up and look at the capacitors. They have probably failed. If that's the case, you can replace them for cheap ($25 for a cheap soldering iron and $6-9 for the caps themselves) and get your monitor up and running again for another 10+ years probably. 9 times out of 10 when a monitor fails it is the capacitors inside that go bad.

11 minutes ago, asquirrel said:

If this was a new monitor, just RMA it. If this was a used monitor, open it up and look at the capacitors. They have probably failed. If that's the case, you can replace them for cheap ($25 for a cheap soldering iron and $6-9 for the caps themselves) and get your monitor up and running again for another 10+ years probably. 9 times out of 10 when a monitor fails it is the capacitors inside that go bad.

I will look into RMAing it. Hopefully China's finest can get me sorted out (scarcasim)