I cant see the BOIS screen when my moniter is pluged in to my 1660ti

When i boot my computer a uppgraded Aspier TC780 with 16 GB ram new psu and a 1660ti i can not see the bios my old card will let me see the bios but my new card won't

if it helps i gave the hdmi port and the 1st display port cable populated.

I have the R01-A0, 4/26/2016 BIOS

heer is a image of system information if it is of any help

Capture.PNG

What do you mean 'it won't let you see the BIOS', do you mean it won't post at all? Could be a dead card

Just now, Aereldor said:

What do you mean 'it won't let you see the BIOS', do you mean it won't post at all? Could be a dead card

it will post and works but the 2 or 3 seconds before windows loads I can't see the press del to open bios and if press del before windows load windows never loads and the bios is sort of phantom in the sense that I can interact with it but can't see it

3 hours ago, Linus No Beard said:

it will post and works but the 2 or 3 seconds before windows loads I can't see the press del to open bios and if press del before windows load windows never loads and the bios is sort of phantom in the sense that I can interact with it but can't see it

What CPU is it? If there is an iGPU, plug into the motherboard and see if the problem persists. It sounds like the GPU stops outputting video after a few seconds.

47 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

What CPU is it? If there is an iGPU, plug into the motherboard and see if the problem persists. It sounds like the GPU stops outputting video after a few seconds.

when i rebooted and unpluged the hdmi input my display port moniter pluged in to the gpu showed the bios screen so mabe it is a problem with mixing input cables i have a intel corei5 4 core 4 thred

2 hours ago, Linus No Beard said:

when i rebooted and unpluged the hdmi input my display port moniter pluged in to the gpu showed the bios screen so mabe it is a problem with mixing input cables i have a intel corei5 4 core 4 thred

If I understand correctly, your 1660ti works except it doesn't display the BIOS because picture is running through the display port on your motherboard.

In that case the only thing that comes to my mind is disabling your igpu in bios. Also check your MB product page for new firmware update.

Edit: The second thing that I just came up with is maybe change the PCI slot where your GPU is sloted. Maybe during POST your card isn't detected instantly/correctly and thats why motherboard chooses to initially display picture from the igpu.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

If I understand correctly, your 1660ti works except it doesn't display the BIOS because picture is running through the display port on your motherboard.

In that case the only thing that comes to my mind is disabling your igpu in bios. Also check your MB product page for new firmware update.

Edit: The second thing that I just came up with is maybe change the PCI slot where your GPU is sloted. Maybe during POST your card isn't detected instantly/correctly and thats why motherboard chooses to initially display picture from the igpu.

thanks but i cant change the Pcie slot because my motherboard only has one 16x slot

• 2 weeks later...