USB Drive Cant be formatted

dpeter

Hi, i have this USB 3.0 64GB Flash Drive from PNY that for some reason i cant format or write on it anymore.

I tried Ubuntu/Windows and Mac Disk Utilities and everyone of them were stuck and not one single error was shown.

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

Since PNY is a very low quality brand, and based on the symptoms you suggest, it could very well be a dead flash drive. Awhile back I bought a macbook pro with a dead ssd with the hope for replacement, but I was tinkering around with the machine before my new ssd came in and that's what happened with mine, no errors, just simply frozen. I know that an ssd isn't a flash drive, but since they are both flash storage I would bet that they are similar in death symptoms. 

Newbie here

2 and a half years in this field

Take my advice with a grain of salt!