Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can memory sticks not from QVL cause pc to randomly freeze while gaming

Hello my pc sometimes freezes for a few seconds while playing Black Desert Online and fps drops. can not QVL sticks be the cause for this freezes? 

 

 

my specs is 2700X cpu and gtx 1080 gpu and 2 sticks of corsair memory

Link to post
Share on other sites

Memory issues are more likely to cause a BSOD rather than just freezing in my experience. Is it happening in many games? 

 

I have seen mismatched memory kits causing random crashing in a couple of games, but not because the memory isn't on the QVL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Astroflash said:

Memory issues are more likely to cause a BSOD rather than just freezing in my experience. Is it happening in many games? 

 

I have seen mismatched memory kits causing random crashing in a couple of games, but not because the memory isn't on the QVL.

i tried literally everything even connected pc from other power source , even reinstalled windows couple of times and updated drivers 

same result still having fps drops.

 

i'm paranoid about my pc i even think that maybe it could be the motherboard itself

could the mobo be the reason?

Edited by strix123
Link to post
Share on other sites

my mobo is B450M-DS3H and AMD 2700X CPU and GPU is GTX 1080 16GB of ram

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Are you having the issue in multiple games or just one?
  • Is it freezing or are you getting FPS drops? (Note that your FPS is unlikely to be constant anyway)

It's unlikely to be your mobo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. still didn't tried on other games

2. pc freezes and then fps drops for a second

 

Black desert online is the game

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, strix123 said:

1. still didn't tried on other games

2. pc freezes and then fps drops for a second

Well what game is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Astroflash said:

 

Well what game is it?

Black desert online

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, strix123 said:

my mobo is B450M-DS3H and AMD 2700X CPU and GPU is GTX 1080 16GB of ram

The VRMs in that board are too weak.

 

2700x is the flagship for Zen+ and was designed to be used in X470 motherboards or at least with VRMs that can support 100amp loads.

 

You could try and increase LLC from auto. I think you are suffering from v-droop or v-drop.

 

 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The VRMs in that board are too weak.

 

2700x is the flagship for Zen+ and was designed to be used in X470 motherboards or at least with VRMs that can support 100amp loads.

 

You could try and increase LLC from auto. I think you are suffering from v-droop or v-drop.

 

 

The 2700X is an officially supported CPU for that board so this issue should not be occurring anyway. Besides, there's so many other factors at play, I don't see the point in jumping to a conclusion so soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The VRMs in that board are too weak.

 

2700x is the flagship for Zen+ and was designed to be used in X470 motherboards or at least with VRMs that can support 100amp loads.

 

You could try and increase LLC from auto. I think you are suffering from v-droop or v-drop.

 

 

so you're saying that my board is weak and i should replace it with new one because of the weak vrm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

my friend gaming with A320 and the game running well

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, strix123 said:

my friend gaming with A320 and the game running well

I had a B450M-A which is similar. Runs 4 VRMs at best good for 75a.

I wouldnt run it in A320 chipset either.

I purchased B450-I which uses x6 VRMs capable of 225a peak 100a sustained. Id consider this to be about the minimum to support (properly) the power requirements of a 2700x.

 

Its not saying your board cant run it, bjt will be power limited for sure.

 

So you could put a fan directly on the VRMs and cool them best as possible and see if that helps, but I think you should increade LLC to higher lvl. 

 

 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I had a B450M-A which is similar. Runs 4 VRMs at best good for 75a.

I wouldnt run it in A320 chipset either.

I purchased B450-I which uses x6 VRMs capable of 225a peak 100a sustained. Id consider this to be about the minimum to support (properly) the power requirements of a 2700x.

 

Its not saying your board cant run it, bjt will be power limited for sure.

 

So you could put a fan directly on the VRMs and cool them best as possible and see if that helps, but I think you should increade LLC to higher lvl. 

 

 

what is LLC you're talking about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, strix123 said:

what is LLC you're talking about?

Load Line Calibration. Increasing the lvl prevents v-droop on the mains. 

On full load, the v-core can drop just low enough transistors stop. Causes a "freeze" screen there but no repsonse.

 

Been an issue in computing and LLC was implemented as far back as socket AM2.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Load Line Calibration. Increasing the lvl prevents v-droop on the mains. 

On full load, the v-core can drop just low enough transistors stop. Causes a "freeze" screen there but no repsonse.

 

Been an issue in computing and LLC was implemented as far back as socket AM2.

i cant find it on my bios

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, strix123 said:

i cant find it on my bios

There you go then. Board is no good for your chip. Cpu just draws too much power.

You can increase vcore with a positive offset instead.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×