PC won't start up, could the PSU be broken?

AngryMonkey_

Hi, recently whenever i switched off, hibernated or put my pc to sleep it would take a while to start up. When i press the power button I see my cpu fan spin for 1 second then stop and after a while it would start. Today i woke up and tried switching it on, fan spun for a second and i haven't had any luck in the past 2 hours. Could it be the PSU or the case power button?

Please give your computer specs. Have you done any overclocking? Has this always been an issue since you bought/built it?

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

Please give your computer specs. Have you done any overclocking? Has this always been an issue since you bought/built it?

Mobo: MSI Z777A-G43

CPU: I5 3470 

Ram: 1× Transcend 8gb @ 1600Mhz, 1× Transcend 4gb @ 1600Mhz (DDR3)

GPU: Asus Gt740  2GB OC edition

PSU: Thermaltake  Litepower 450W

SSD: Gigabyte 240gb ssd

HDD: WD green 1tb, Hitachi 1tb

No, I haven't had this problem before, it started recently, maybe the past month

1 minute ago, AngryMonkey_ said:

Mobo: MSI Z777A-G43

CPU: I5 3470 

Ram: 1× Transcend 8gb @ 1600Mhz, 1× Transcend 4gb @ 1600Mhz (DDR3)

GPU: Asus Gt740  2GB OC edition

PSU: Thermaltake  Litepower 450W

SSD: Gigabyte 240gb ssd

HDD: WD green 1tb, Hitachi 1tb

No, I haven't had this problem before, it started recently, maybe the past month

was that when you added the other stick of ram? Did anything change or did it just start? Does the fan spin still but it just wont boot? If the fan spins try taking out one ram stick and testing it then try taking out the other ram stick and putting in the first one you took out. Your pc is older so maybe something with the mobo is starting to go

Could be ram. I have Z77A-GD55. Had the same problem when I changed my ram

2 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

was that when you added the other stick of ram? Did anything change or did it just start? Does the fan spin still but it just wont boot? If the fan spins try taking out one ram stick and testing it then try taking out the other ram stick and putting in the first one you took out. Your pc is older so maybe something with the mobo is starting to go

I had both sticks of ram in from the beginning and didn't give many problems. Nothing changed. I'll try the ram thing now and get back to you

15 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

No luck with switching out ram

Tried with one of each ram in, no ram in, unplugged all my drives, took out cmos battery, tried without graphics card and still wouldn't start.

I hadn't done anything to the pc recently so i don't know what is causing the issue, I'm assuming its the power supply. Also i dont have an I/O shield so could that cause a short? Rear IO isn't making contact with the case though)