Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some network traffic gets blocked on Aquantia NIC of TRX40 zenith II extreme.

hello. 

i'm having a really strange issue where *some* network traffic will not go when i'm connected to my LAN via the 10G aquantia NIC on my zenith II extreme. the intel NIC works. i don't game much, but as an example, overwatch will not sign in, steam can't sign in. just stays on the log in screen forever. i tried reinstalling OW, but it will not reinstall when on the aquantia LAN. switched to intel NIC, everything flies. but i can browse the internet, use work VPN, teamviewer works, etc

i tried updating drivers, nuking all network settings, a new copy of windows on a new SSD, etc. tried a different BIOS. i don't know what to do. i don't even know where to go with my trouble shooting right now. 

system specs: https://valid.x86.fr/sitl14

thanks in advance 

This is a stupid question

But have you tried updating the firmware for it ? 

Or updating the bios in general ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

This is a stupid question

But have you tried updating the firmware for it ? 

Or updating the bios in general ?

hello, i did mention that i tried multiple BIOS, and that includes the latest one.  i tried looking for firmware for the AQC-107, found only drivers. no firmware updates on asus' or aquantia websites

found the firmware update on marvell's website. went from 3.1.98 to 3.2.100. nothing changed. 

EDIT: decided to intall the driver from marvell's website. now it's working. what the actual f.... driver's from asus and aquantia website didn't work, but the one on marvell's website did. well this is stupid. 

thanks anyway 

their nic set up is strange. like wifi has to be turn off to install windows

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |100tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower

8 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

their nic set up is strange. like wifi has to be turn off to install windows

seems that way, and it shouldn't be this difficult. i have an Intel X550-T2 at the office, but i don't want to go there right now (covid, riots, looters, trigger happy cops, etc). so i'll have to live with it for now. 

gigabyte gives you an intel T550 build right into the board at this same price. but i hate gigabyte's BIOS. guess i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.... 

i never seen a bug like that. that n ever gotten fix.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |100tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, dogwitch said:

i never seen a bug like that. that n ever gotten fix.

i thought it was fixed :/, but it started again like 2 days later. integrated 1gig intel NIC works great, intel X550-T2 and intel X540-T2 in PCI-E slots work fine. i swapped CPU to a threadripper 3970X, same thing. reinstalled windows again. same thing. 

here is a summary of what is happening now, on a fresh install with a new CPU, over the aquantia LAN:

-web browsing/downloading seem to work fine

-some app clients, such as blizzard, can start and sign in but can't download anything. origin client can't even sign in. 

-afp and ftp connection have crazy delays and time out randomly. 

going over to the intel NIC, no problems. i REALLY don't want to take this thing apart and RMA... 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:57 PM, terroralpha said:

i thought it was fixed :/, but it started again like 2 days later. integrated 1gig intel NIC works great, intel X550-T2 and intel X540-T2 in PCI-E slots work fine. i swapped CPU to a threadripper 3970X, same thing. reinstalled windows again. same thing. 

here is a summary of what is happening now, on a fresh install with a new CPU, over the aquantia LAN:

-web browsing/downloading seem to work fine

-some app clients, such as blizzard, can start and sign in but can't download anything. origin client can't even sign in. 

-afp and ftp connection have crazy delays and time out randomly. 

going over to the intel NIC, no problems. i REALLY don't want to take this thing apart and RMA... 

sound like its malf sadly

• 2 weeks later...

the aquantia NIC in my X399 based NAS is also having problems. file transfers fluctuated between 300MB/s and 900MB/s. zero consistency. i got my employer to buy me two intel X550-T NICs. problem solved. 

should have went with the gigabyte TRX40 board, which not only had a built in intel X550-T2 NIC, but also threw in a free M.2 4x4 PCIe Card for SSDs. not to mention a better VRM. lesson learned.