Asrock RX590 Crashes, Freezes, No Signal but PC is running

Hello everyone!

I bought a new GPU which is the "AsRock Phantom Gaming X 8GB OC".

When im playing games, it sometimes crashes my game, sometimes freezes whole PC(restart needed if this happens)

or sometimes my Monitor gets "no signal", Keyboard and Mouse stops working (RGBs turn off) while my PC still runs with GPU Fans at 100% after the crash happens.

This happens in Apex Legends, CS:GO, Forza Horizon 4 or rarely while browsing on Chrome.
These are my "Settings" in the Phantom Gaming Tweak Software (see Uploaded Images)

There is also something weird in the State 3 Voltage, it has more V than others like S4 S5 S6 S7. Is that normal? 

I didn't change any settings, these were the default settings.

Need help.

asd.jpg

ehuu.jpg

Full system spec? Sounds like either you didn't DDU the old drivers or you have a broken power supply.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Full system spec? Sounds like either you didn't DDU the old drivers or you have a broken power supply.

It's a brand new PC with brandnew Components, and fresh installed Windows

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: ASROCK Radeon RX 590 8GB

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial DDR4 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair VS550 

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 GAMING X 

SSD 1: 240GB Patriot Windows installed here

SSD 2: 480GB Kingston Games here

7 minutes ago, ukn.40 said:

It's a brand new PC with brandnew Components, and fresh installed Windows

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: ASROCK Radeon RX 590 8GB

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial DDR4 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair VS550 

MOBO: Gigabyte B450 GAMING X 

SSD 1: 240GB Patriot Windows installed here

SSD 2: 480GB Kingston Games here

Yeah, that's a very low quality power supply that is made for office PCs, not high heat and high power gaming systems. That's my first suspicion.

Also - make sure your chipset drivers are up to date (you get them from AMD's site directly - Gigabyte has old and broken ones). Also update your motherboard BIOS since Gigabyte BIOSes had a LOT of problems and only the latest revisions are usable.

How's your temps when it's under load? Also maybe try reseating stuff to make sure power connections are properly made, especially in the PCIE slot itself and the extra pcie power connectors. 

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Yeah, that's a very low quality power supply that is made for office PCs, not high heat and high power gaming systems. That's my first suspicion.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong psu from searching, this one appears to be 80+ certified and 550W, which meets the recommended spec for an RX590. Also, Corsair is a pretty reputable manufacturer. What makes you say it's low quality? 

rubber dome apologist

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Also - make sure your chipset drivers are up to date (you get them from AMD's site directly - Gigabyte has old and broken ones). Also update your motherboard BIOS since Gigabyte BIOSes had a LOT of problems and only the latest revisions are usable.

Okay,

MoBo BIOS is Updated, Chipset driver is from Gigabyte (2019ish), ill try from AMD if i find those.

4 minutes ago, WubGuy said:

How's your temps when it's under load? Also maybe try reseating stuff to make sure power connections are properly made, especially in the PCIE slot itself and the extra pcie power connectors. 

GPU: ~80C

CPU: 60-70C 

Cables checked all sit perfectly, unplugged replugged it too.

Interesting. It's also worth mentioning since this GPU is new that it may be defective. If that's the case, (or even to rule out the odds) you may wish to return it if possible and get another of the same one. 

rubber dome apologist

Just now, WubGuy said:

Interesting. It's also worth mentioning since this GPU is new that it may be defective. If that's the case, (or even to rule out the odds) you may wish to return it if possible and get another of the same one. 

I dont know if i can return it or change it anymore, i bought it 2 months ago. 

22 minutes ago, WubGuy said:

Unless I'm looking at the wrong psu from searching, this one appears to be 80+ certified and 550W, which meets the recommended spec for an RX590. Also, Corsair is a pretty reputable manufacturer. What makes you say it's low quality? 

It's a cheap CWT-designed group regulated unit. It uses cheap chinese caps and voltage/ripple control is poor. Don't judge based on brand - the Corsair logo doesn't guarantee anything. The VS models are very much only suited to APUs or iGPU setups and office use.

21 minutes ago, ukn.40 said:

GPU: ~80C

CPU: 60-70C 

Cables checked all sit perfectly, unplugged replugged it too.

Try reducing the power limit by 10% in AMD Adrenaline - also DDU the driver before that and install a clean one. I'm pretty sure it's the crappy power supply at fault - not that wattage is not enough - but the quality and voltage stability.

37 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's a cheap CWT-designed group regulated unit. It uses cheap chinese caps and voltage/ripple control is poor. Don't judge based on brand - the Corsair logo doesn't guarantee anything. The VS models are very much only suited to APUs or iGPU setups and office use.

Try reducing the power limit by 10% in AMD Adrenaline - also DDU the driver before that and install a clean one. I'm pretty sure it's the crappy power supply at fault - not that wattage is not enough - but the quality and voltage stability.

okay imma try it

I'm pretty sure that the state 3 voltage is normal ... well I hope so cause it's also higher out of the box on my rx 590 ... but I still wonder why they made it that way tho...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

On 6/4/2020 at 10:37 PM, 5x5 said:

@jonnyGURU

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

still not fixed Guys... It still freezes ingames, or shuts down signal while pc is running. Keyboard and Mouse shuts off(rgb's turn off) and no signal on monitor.... pc runs with GPU on maximum fan speed...

27 minutes ago, ukn.40 said:

still not fixed Guys... It still freezes ingames, or shuts down signal while pc is running. Keyboard and Mouse shuts off(rgb's turn off) and no signal on monitor.... pc runs with GPU on maximum fan speed...

Well, as the other guy told you, you might have a shit quality power supply. No amount of changes made to the settings in the bios and in Adrenaline will fix that turd. You basically brought a knife to a gun fight with that PSU. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

4 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Well, as the other guy told you, you might have a shit quality power supply. No amount of changes made to the settings in the bios and in Adrenaline will fix that turd. You basically brought a knife to a gun fight with that PSU. 

🤕