Adapter from usb-c cable to something else

Hi everyone,

I bought the NZXT case H150, in that case there is a usb-c port on the front but on my mobo i dont have any usb-c header (its a Asus Strix B450-F).

There is any possible change to convert the usb-c cable in something and still use it as a usb-c?

Thanks

Yes, you can adapt it to usb 3.0 5gbit, but the adaptors are pretty expensive.

Try searching for usb 10Gbit internat to usb 3.0 adaptors or somethin like that.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, NicoWasTaken said:

Hi everyone,

I bought the NZXT case H150, in that case there is a usb-c port on the front but on my mobo i dont have any usb-c header (its a Asus Strix B450-F).

There is any possible change to convert the usb-c cable in something and still use it as a usb-c?

Thanks

There is the Lian Li PW-INC1TR and Silverstone CP14, that turn a USB 3.0 header into a 3.2 Gen 2 (USB type C) header (at 5Gb/s speeds of course), but you only have a single USB 3.0 header, which you already need for the 'normal' USB port on the case.

So you're either going to need to:

- Get a board with two USB 3.0 headers (and one of those adapters)

- Get a board with a USB 3.2 Gen 2/type c front panel header

- Forget about the USB type C / forget about 'normal USB' and get one of those adapters

- Look for a PCIE USB type C front panel card (which I have not found yet).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can get an adapter but do you need a type c high bandwidth port ?

If you don't really need it nothing will happen if you don't plug in the type c port 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

Look for a PCIE USB type C front panel card (which I have not found yet).

Like this?

https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Internal-Connector-Expansion-Express/dp/B0832HDX6C/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=pcie+to+usb+c+header&qid=1591292680&sr=8-10

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

5 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Yeah, something like that. Thanks for the link!

A shame the design is kind of lame, with the header on the bottom (rather than on the 'far end' of the card), as someone else points out in one of the reviews.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

A shame the design is kind of lame

True dat but it should work.

Also there are many similar options with more USB type A 3.0 ports, so if this route works for you, look for 1 with a good feature set.

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

A shame the design is kind of lame

Hey it has a black pcb ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: