thin and light for college

Hi there,

For a longer time i'm searching for a small factor laptop to take to school and other outdoor activities.

The requirements for the laptop are:
13/14 inch screen.
Below the 1.5 kg.
Good battery because of the outdoor activities.

The laptop will be used for video editing and maybe some call of duty sessions.

I was looking at the ryzen 7 because the low battery usage. i found an asus zenbook, but since i cannot find an legit website to order this laptop i would like to ask if someone else has an alternative laptop or website which is legit?

My total budget is around the 1000 euro's.

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Soofx said:

Hi there,

For a longer time i'm searching for a small factor laptop to take to school and other outdoor activities.

13/14 inch screen.
Below the 1.5 kg.

I was looking at the ryzen 7 because the low battery usage. i found an asus zenbook, but since i cannot find an legit website to order this laptop i would like to ask if someone else has an alternative laptop or website which is legit?

Thanks 

ASUS ROG Strix G531GU is good apparently. looks pretty light and thin as-well.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

12 minutes ago, Soofx said:

Hi there,

13/14 inch screen.
Below the 1.5 kg.

Thanks 

Why do you plan to do on the new laptop?

Edited by ItsMeRachata

QUOTE ME SO I CAN REPLY OR TYPE @ItsMeRachata before every quote.

AMD Motherboard Tier List v2    Power Supply Tier List 

4 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

ASUS ROG Strix G531GU is good apparently. looks pretty light and thin as-well

ive seen this one but i dont think it will fit in my handbag very nice hihi 

11 minutes ago, Soofx said:

Hi there,

13/14 inch screen.
Below the 1.5 kg.

Thanks 

Asus G14, the spec with 4600hs and 1650 (base spec) goes for £1000, so shouldn't be much, if any, more in euros

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

4 minutes ago, Soofx said:

ive seen this one but i dont think it will fit in my handbag very nice hihi 

most laptops will not be able to fit in your handbag especially ones that have gaming capabilities.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

7 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

Why do you want to do on the new laptop?

OP said video editing and some cod sessions

Just now, Ed-petit said:

most laptops will not be able to fit in your handbag especially ones that have gaming capabilities.

haha i know ! 😢 the razer blade stealth looks pretty good but its waay too expensive for me as student :') 

haha i know ! 😢 the razer blade stealth looks pretty good but its waay too expensive for me as student :') 

i would get a bigger bag then or backpack 

3 minutes ago, marmour said:

Asus G14, the spec with 4600hs and 1650 (base spec) goes for £1000, so shouldn't be much, if any, more in euros

i tried this one but the touchpad is really bad.. :$

you can always bring a mouse i guess.

20 minutes ago, Soofx said:

Hi there,

13/14 inch screen.
Below the 1.5 kg.

Thanks 

So, video editing and some COD sessions

Does this look fine? It's about 50 - 60 euros more expensive

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/39744/1815/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ACER-SWIFT-5-SF514-54GT-766B--CHARCOAL-BLUE-

CPU : INTEL CORE I7-1065G7
RAM : 16 GB LPDDR4X
STORAGE : 512 GB PCIe/NVMe M.2 SSD
DISPLAY : 14" FULL HD IPS
GPU : NVIDIA GEFORCE MX350 2 GB GDDR5

Weight: 0.99 KG

You can also tell me what website you use to buy tech stuff, so I can look at there @Soofx

4 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

So, video editing and some COD sessions

Does this look fine? It's about 50 - 60 euros more expensive

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/39744/1815/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ACER-SWIFT-5-SF514-54GT-766B--CHARCOAL-BLUE-

You can also tell me what website you use to buy tech stuff, so I can look at there

that looks really good! and its under 1000 here. 

a good website here is alternate.nl

5 minutes ago, Soofx said:

I'm not sure you'll find anything more powerful for the size of the g14, at least CPU wise. The reviews I saw were quite favourable towards the touchpad, but if you don't like it that's unfortunate. Maybe look at Lenovo and Acer's offerings for 4th gen ryzen APUs. There's also the XPS, but it's a bit pricey, or the Insperion 7000, but it's bigger than you wanted

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

14 minutes ago, Soofx said:

thanks for al these great options ! i think im gonna go with the acer swift 5 :)❤️

I recommend watch reviews of this Acer Swift 5 also consider than some of the reviewers said that the magnisium-alloy that the Acer Swift 5 uses to keep the weight down textures like plastic. I recommend also this one https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/37721/121/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ASUS-ZENBOOK-14-UX434FL-CA6211T--ROYAL-BLUE-

but it has only 8GB of RAM, try find the model with 16GB of RAM if you need it. It would be about 20 euro more with the +8GB of RAM. And there's also a ScreenPad that's like a phone in the TouchPad, you can put a browser tab or Spotify or reference for word document also. But it's about 400 grams heavier, but it's still in the UNDER 1.5KG range

haha its so funny that everytime i think ive found something better, i allways come back to the zenbook :')  just not that one. they have one with ryzen 7 and its 200 euros cheaper.. i just cant find a website who sells it and i cant find any reviews about the ryzen 7 one. i can find the ryzen 5 one everywhere... im so confused :') 

2 minutes ago, Soofx said:

haha its so funny that everytime i think ive found something better, i allways come back to the zenbook :')  just not that one. they have one with ryzen 7 and its 200 euros cheaper.. i just cant find a website who sells it and i cant find any reviews about the ryzen 7 one. i can find the ryzen 5 one everywhere... im so confused :') 

wow, nice!