Black screen with cursor after log in

The_Real_Skeb

Hi, im getting a black screen after i log in. I have tried pressing ctrl alt delete and it says "failed to display security and shutdown options". I tried to restart while holding shift, also trying to run the task manager and doing everything i found on youtube. What do i do?

Mother board is Asus ROG strix B450F gaming is you want to know the bios settings.

12 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Hi, im getting a black screen after i log in. I have tried pressing ctrl alt delete and it says "failed to display security and shutdown options". I tried to restart while holding shift, also trying to run the task manager and doing everything i found on youtube. What do i do?

Mother board is Asus ROG strix B450F gaming is you want to know the bios settings.

It seems like windows explorer is corrupted.... 

Use another PC to back up all your files and programs from the HDD/SSD windows is on.

When the system starts up, press the power button to shut it down, when it boots up it show show diagnosing your pc....

when it finishes go to the recovery option, try to reset and don't keep your files....( THIS will delete all your programs,and files)

If windows reset fails,

Then u need to install windows from scratch...(using a boot USB/DVD)

and i repeat ALL THE DATA YOU HAVE WILL BE DELETED, BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

57 minutes ago, Void Master said:

It seems like windows explorer is corrupted.... 

Use another PC to back up all your files and programs from the HDD/SSD windows is on.

When the system starts up, press the power button to shut it down, when it boots up it show show diagnosing your pc....

when it finishes go to the recovery option, try to reset and don't keep your files....( THIS will delete all your programs,and files)

If windows reset fails,

Then u need to install windows from scratch...(using a boot USB/DVD)

and i repeat ALL THE DATA YOU HAVE WILL BE DELETED, BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST.

Ok i will try that, thank you