Problems with Geforce Experience identifying my OS

Naul

I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed in, and Geforce experience features supports windows 7, 8 and 10.

The problem is that I only have few of features ready such as  IN-game overlay, and game stream.

But other features like Freestyle, Ansel, and VR are not ready because the software claims i dont have windows 7 or 8 or 10.

Anyone knows how to fix this??

- I have the latest driver update.

Capture.PNG

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

Is there a reason you haven’t updated to Windows 8 or 10 yet? Windows 7 is no longer supported so you won’t get any more security updates.

Just now, jaslion said:

My guess is this is a cracked windows 7 and that's why.

Nope, i don't think this what causes it.

Since i installed windows 7 and Every feature worked.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Is there a reason you haven’t updated to Windows 8 or 10 yet? Windows 7 is no longer supported so you won’t get any more security updates.

I had windows 10 but thanks to Gerosan ransomware all my data got wiped and Windows defender was sitting on its chair, so i considered to download windows 7 again because i felt its way more better than windows 10.

im not afraid of security now i got Avast! full paid.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

11 minutes ago, Naul said:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed in, and Geforce experience features supports windows 7, 8 and 10.

The problem is that I only have few of features ready such as  IN-game overlay, and game stream.

But other features like Freestyle, Ansel, and VR are not ready because the software claims i dont have windows 7 or 8 or 10.

Anyone knows how to fix this??

- I have the latest driver update.

Capture.PNG

New features in most programs are assumed to work but that doesn't mean they will. Nvidia probably hasn't updated these features to continue working with windows 7. It shouldn't matter if the OS is cracked and if its fully updated then it should work. Since it doesn't that's my only conclusion.

@Ohsnaps Thanks for Clarifying.

Still waiting for more suggestions.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

My assumption would be that you're missing some patch for Windows 7 that Geforce experience requires. So my suggestion would be to use Windows update to ensure you have the latest updates.

However the situation is only going to get worse in the future. Windows 7 is EOL, so fewer and fewer programs and drivers are going to stay compatible. Developers aren't going to break stuff on purpose, but if something stops working on Windows 7 they'll most likely not bother to fix it either.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

My assumption would be that you're missing some patch for Windows 7 that Geforce experience requires. So my suggestion would be to use Windows update to ensure you have the latest updates.

However the situation is only going to get worse in the future. Windows 7 is EOL, so fewer and fewer programs and drivers are going to stay compatible. Developers aren't going to break stuff on purpose, but if something stops working on Windows 7 they'll most likely not bother to fix it either.

Someday ill get convinced enough to get back on windows 10, also my hardware is windows 10 supported

So i guess that's why im encountering lots of problems.

Should i really consider going back on windows 10?

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

1 minute ago, Naul said:

Someday ill get convinced enough to get back on windows 10, also my hardware is windows 10 supported

So i guess that's why im encountering lots of problems.

Should i really consider going back on windows 10?

I'd say yes. Windows 7 has stopped receiving updates in January. So any bugs or security issues that are already known or are going to be found in the future won't be fixed. Antivirus can protect you up to a certain point, but it's not perfect and may have security issues itself that can be exploited. And at some point your AV isn't going to stay compatible with Window 7 either.

Same goes for games, programs, drivers and so on. The more people move to Windows 10, the less developers are going to bother keeping their software running on Windows 7. I don't think it's going to happen "right now", because there are still enough customers on Windows 7, but it will happen at some point.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply