How do I connect a windows 10 PC to a TV wirelessly

Need_Not

I want to play VR and cast it onto the TV so like if I have people over we can watch each other play the only thing is i can't get the built in "connect" feature to work! when I click on the TV when it pops my computer just says connecting for like 3 minutes then just fails do I have to disconnect from the wifi?

Just some random guy who has a gaming computer to play on his Minecraft server

so is there a program that can do it better?

I mean, technically a Chromecast or Miracast dongle would allow for any specific screen output to be sent to a TV, but I think Miracast is a little slower. On the other hand, Chromecast only allows for a single browser window, file, or everything displayed on a single monitor. And you'd need Chrome to be open in the background on your machine to cast it.

1 hour ago, Theodinus said:

I mean, technically a Chromecast or Miracast dongle would allow for any specific screen output to be sent to a TV, but I think Miracast is a little slower. On the other hand, Chromecast only allows for a single browser window, file, or everything displayed on a single monitor. And you'd need Chrome to be open in the background on your machine to cast it.

I do have a chrome cast but I never use it can I used it for any screen? Like I said for vr and stuff

2 hours ago, Need_Not said:

I do have a chrome cast but I never use it can I used it for any screen? Like I said for vr and stuff

Any monitor that has an HDMI port on it will display the Chromecast output. You'd need to connect the Chromecast to your wireless network, or to your wired network with the ethernet power adapter they sell on the Google store. Then the computer you are running the VR software on, you'd need to have some way of displaying what you intend to show your guests, then target that window as what you are "casting" to the Chromecast. There should be loads of guides on YouTube if the instructions aren't clear.