Upgrading RAM, two identical kits?

Hi!

I use my pc for music production and gaming and I noticed that I'm reaching 95% RAM usage when I'm working on certain music projects. So I've decided to upgrade my ram from 16 to 32gb.

My pc has currently a Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16 installed and I'm planning to buy the exact same kit(CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) again so I can combine the two to get 32gb.

Now I've been googling and multiple people say, you cant do this. You have to buy a 32gb kit and you cannot combine two 16 kits. And other people say, yeah you'll be fine. So I'm a bit confused haha.

Also when i check my motherboards QVL list my corsair kit is only tested for socket support 1 and 2, not 4. This is also a confusing thing for me cause some people say don't worry about QVL lists and other people say only buy ram on the QVL that have been tested.

Can anybody give me advise?

My rig: 3700x, X570 AORUS ELITE, GTX970

1 minute ago, RememberMeWell said:

list my corsair kit is only tested for socket support 1 and 2, not 4.

this is for dual channel 

you will be just fine but you will be using the 32gigs in dual channel 

2 minutes ago, RememberMeWell said:

you cant do this.

whoever said this no offense does not know anything 

2 minutes ago, RememberMeWell said:

And other people say, yeah you'll be fine. So I'm a bit confused haha.

that is the correct thing 

3 minutes ago, RememberMeWell said:

cause some people say don't worry about QVL lists

yes they are often vague and the manufacturer cannot test every module

4 minutes ago, RememberMeWell said:

people say only buy ram on the QVL that have been tested.

with zen 1 and its terrible imc true but zen 2 has a way better imc and it can work with alot more modules 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Thanks so much for your reply!

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

this is for dual channel 

you will be just fine but you will be using the 32gigs in dual channel 

Correct me if wrong, but ryzen 3000 series only supports dual channel right? If so why does my motherboard QVL list still have some kits tested for socket 4?

QVL List

Just now, RememberMeWell said:

Thanks so much for your reply!

Correct me if wrong, but ryzen 3000 series only supports dual channel right? If so why does my motherboard QVL list still have some kits tested for socket 4?

QVL List

you will be able to run 4 sticks but pga 1331 (or am4) cpus have 2 memory channels so you will run 4 sticks at dual channel 

idk what they mean by socket 4 tho

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: