Random Black Screens (on above 120hz?)

VolkaynoTheGod

Dear LTT Community,

I really don't know what to do this is my last try to fix this sooooo since I bought my GTX 1070 12/12/2016 it had this issue with random freezes in some games but when I send the graphics card back they said its totally fine but now since corona started and I got more time for gaming when ever I play quiet some time I get random disconnects like someone would unplug my dp cable I changed the cable and I had my monitor checked by acer twice I tried other poarts but nothing seems to help. this happens in games like cs go paladins valorant and albion online so not even really demanding games. I also have the feeling this mainly happens if the pc starts warming up a little ( I checked my fans and rearranged them the pc is a lot cooler now but it still happens after a few sessions of gaming, like 2-3 rounds paladins.

my specs 

i5 6600k not overclocked or anything

gainward phoenix edition gtx 1070

8 gb ripjaw g.skill 2800 (I couldn't get my motherboard to run it at 2800 thought stays on 2133)

a Gigabyte B150-HD3P

windows 10 professional

Samsung 850 evo 256 GB 

4TB WD Blue hdd 

nzxt phantom tower white and blue 

dp port on an Acer XF250Q Cbmiiprx

it apparently doesn't happen with the hdmi cable and it didn't happen with my brothers graphicscard gtx 660 (max support 120hz)

but with my friends radeon something graphics card it happened 

I read something of errors with above 120 hz so I ask my self if it could be the monitor or the monitors ports.

I want to thank everyone for there thoughts on this and their help.

best regards,

Volkayno

edit:

now I have changed the refreshrate to 120 hz in nvidia control panel and it seems to have disappeared but is this a driver issue a hardware issue and incase of hardware which part is broken ? bc it wasn't there before not on my 144hz monitor and not on the 240 hz just when the monitor came back from acer. 

edit #2

all of a sudden really frequent black screens in albion online on 120 hz I don't understand anything

should I send the monitor back in ?

7 minutes ago, Not Wills said:

did you read it

Ah missed that, in the massive wall of text.