Are there any analog GPUs left?

Planning on hooking up an analog TV to a sort of gaming/home theater PC. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the age of DVI on GPUs is over. Just wondering if there's anything I've missed here, or if my 2 best options really are adapters and used cards :(

1 minute ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

Planning on hooking up an analog TV to a sort of gaming/home theater PC. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the age of DVI on GPUs is over. Just wondering if there's anything I've missed here, or if my 2 best options really are adapters and used cards :(

I think used cards and adapters is your best go 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

DVI for a long time hasn't even been the analog variant. The last couple gens (current one not included) had cards with DVI-D, not DVI-I.

For DVI-I you probably have to go back to R9 200 series (although DVI-I was becoming uncommon there too) and GTX 500 or 600 series if memory serves me right.

Or you have to go even further back for VGA or S-Video support.

Or you of course can get an adapter.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

DVI for a long time hasn't even been the analog variant. The last couple gens (current one not included) had cards with DVI-D, not DVI-I.

Dang it was gonna say the same thing 🤣

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

Use an active adapter, so you won't lose noticeable quality and can use any modern gpu that you want. And upgrade your TV in the future when you have the chance to

1 minute ago, minibois said:

For DVI-I you probably have to go back to R9 200 series (although DVI-I was becoming uncommon there too) and GTX 500 or 600 series if memory serves me right.

Or you have to go even further back for VGA or S-Video support.

Or you of course can get an adapter.

Damn, so I really am fucked. Guess I'll just have to live with... latency 😭

Just now, 3rrant said:

upgrade your TV in the future when you have the chance to

NEVER!!!! lol

3 minutes ago, 3rrant said:

Use an active adapter, so you won't lose noticeable quality and can use any modern gpu that you want. And upgrade your TV in the future when you have the chance to

Any chance you could explain the difference to me between an active and a "standard" adapter? I assume all of them would require external power, right (given that there is a digital->analog conversion occurring)?

2 minutes ago, chickennuggetstyle said:

Any chance you could explain the difference to me between an active and a "standard" adapter? I assume all of them would require external power, right (given that there is a digital->analog conversion occurring)?

It might not be needed depending on the card and output you're using, anyway a quick resume:

Active DisplayPort Adapters

• Uses video converter chips inside the adapter for signal conversion
• More expensive due to additional chips
• Necessary when source does not support dual-mode DisplayPort (DP++)
• Converts both single-mode and dual-mode DisplayPort
• Analog VGA and dual-link DVI require powered active adapters to convert protocol and signal levels. (VGA adapters are powered by the DisplayPort Connector while dual-link DVI adapters may rely on an external power source)
• May be necessary if graphics card cannot support DP++ output on the maximum number of monitors

Passive DisplayPort Adapters

• Cheaper than active adapters
• Only a maximum of two passive adapters can be used per GPU, due to the fact that each GPU only has 2 clock sync signals for the passive adapter to utilize
• Relies on DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort sources that support dual-mode (DP++)
• DP++ source can use a passive adapter to convert DisplayPort signals to single-link DVI or HDMI
• DP++ video source performs the conversion instead of the adapter

From: https://blog.exxactcorp.com/active-vs-passive-displayport-adapters-what-you-need-to-know/