45drive CASES barebone ? posible?

hello

i really would like to buy a 45drives cases without motherboard / psu / drives e.t.c.  is it posible?

i don't have 2k to drop for a configured system! but i have lots of motherboard / cpu  / ram / psu around here , as i am a computer technician.. finding a nice case seem's to be the hardest ...

45drives case seem's perfect ... i wish i could get the cad for them and send an order to protocase or something...

any idea for a similar case or strait up copy?

thank you

Does it need to be compact with as much available bandwidth as possible? If all you need is the disks connected and speed doesn't matter you could get this done with a few 24 front load chassis wired with SAS expander going to an HBA in a system using the MoBo/CPU/ram you have available.

If I remember right, 45 drives case is a backblaze design.

I tried finding it again, appears backblaze worked with protocase for design and has Evolve Manufacturing make them, 45 drives seems to have started with a older backblaze storage pod design and evolved independently afterwords.

You might be able to order a case from protocase?  Neither backblaze or 45 drives sell just case, but if protocase helped design it and sells cases I would assume you could get a similar case.

Backblaze does offer cad files and some diy info in blog  https://www.backblaze.com/b2/storage-pod.html

9 hours ago, sy5tem said:

45drives case seem's perfect ... i wish i could get the cad for them and send an order to protocase or something...

At the bottom of the 45Drives webpage:

45 Drives ® is a division of Protocase Incorporated. 

So why not just ask? You don’t even need the CAD, just contact Protocase for a quote on a 45Drives system without the mobo, CPU, and RAM.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

10 hours ago, sy5tem said:

hello

i really would like to buy a 45drives cases without motherboard / psu / drives e.t.c.  is it posible?

i don't have 2k to drop for a configured system! but i have lots of motherboard / cpu  / ram / psu around here , as i am a computer technician.. finding a nice case seem's to be the hardest ...

any idea for a similar case or strait up copy?

thank you

A one-off case from protocase is near or above $2000 depending on the features. 

30 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

A one-off case from protocase is near or above $2000 depending on the features. 

Except as I pointed out this wouldn’t be a one-off, because 45Drives IS protocase. Although I assume that they have more of a regular assembly line process for 45Drives cases since they presumably make a decent number of them.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

6 hours ago, brwainer said:

Except as I pointed out this wouldn’t be a one-off, because 45Drives IS protocase. Although I assume that they have more of a regular assembly line process for 45Drives cases since they presumably make a decent number of them.

I never said it wasn't. Just giving a data point about their pricing.