Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monitor doesnt display after installing new ram

Hello. So to kick things of i went to buy new RAM sticks (2x8gb) with the supported MHz rate. Now when I installed them with my other 8gb stick my monitor won’t display HDMI or Displayport. Also EZ DEBUG LED CPU is on. What I’ve tried: All dimma slots with all RAM sticks, CMOS reset, basic power on and off, HDMI cable to CPU port and reinstalled CPU. Nothing mentioned did NOT work. I would appreciate really much if someone had the time to help me!!!

I had this same problem when upgrading my RAM, I played around and changed around the combo of RAM in the slots, eventually it just started working. What's funny is that specific combo wasn't working 5 minute before, but then it just started working after a few swaps, makes no sense what so ever. I'm afraid to touch it for fear of breaking it again. Just play around with it a bit, it might just magically start working. Say, is it an AMD FX CPU by any change?

Quote me if you want me to get a notification. (if it's not my own thread)

Assume I'm using Linux as you would assume other people use Windows.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

24 minutes ago, TheJooomes said:

I had this same problem when upgrading my RAM, I played around and changed around the combo of RAM in the slots, eventually it just started working. What's funny is that specific combo wasn't working 5 minute before, but then it just started working after a few swaps, makes no sense what so ever. I'm afraid to touch it for fear of breaking it again. Just play around with it a bit, it might just magically start working. Say, is it an AMD FX CPU by any change?

Hello mate and thanks for the reply! I will try this tomorrow and also my cpu is I7 9700K. Ive tried every combo once and some multiple times. Was your CPU DEBUG light on or not? Also in what dimm slots did you put the new one and where did you put the old one? I’ve been dealing with this for 2 days now and losing my brain. 

My mobo is botton tier, 2 DIMM slots, no debug lights, just a beeper speaker that never sounded through the whole ordeal. That PC right now is running 8GB DIMM 1, and 4GB DIMM 2. If I leave DIMM 2 empty it would always boot while troubleshooting. It used to have 4GBx2, which I also struggled with to get working. I ask about the CPU because AMD FX series uses the legendarily awful Piledriver architecture, and I've had my fair share of issues with it.

Quote me if you want me to get a notification. (if it's not my own thread)

Assume I'm using Linux as you would assume other people use Windows.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain