Adding an NVME SSD to my Laptop

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, my laptop is a hard drive only model and i would really like to speed it up by adding an NVME SSD. Is it possible to migrate simply the OS to the new SSD, that way i won't have to purchase a large one.

7 minutes ago, Umar_1908 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, my laptop is a hard drive only model and i would really like to speed it up by adding an NVME SSD. Is it possible to migrate simply the OS to the new SSD, that way i won't have to purchase a large one.

Nvme needs an nvme slot.  Does your laptop even have one?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, IAA Productions said:

If You Want To Upgrade RAM And SSD Use Crucial System Scanner

https://uk.crucial.com/store/systemscanner

It's Made By The Company Crucial And It Will Show You What RAM And SSD Is Compatible With Your Laptop

Heh. What stuff is compatible that is also made by crucial perhaps.  None the less might be useful.  It will possibly tell you whether you have an nvme slot and what key it is. (You need to know both things)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh. What stuff is compatible that is also made by crucial perhaps.  None the less might be useful.  It will possibly tell you whether you have an nvme slot and what key it is. (You need to know both things)

yeah true they will promote their own products since its their own website