Advice on how to post more?

Peterwoo802

Hi, I am one of those guys who spends most of their time on the forum reading.

I'm asking for advice on how to get more involved in this forum, As a person I'm quite awkward and introverted and Its quite hard for me to get conversations going.

I also have limited knowledge regarding tech (in which most of it learned from the forums and Linus's videos)

It would be great if you guys could help me out on some advice. 

Thx!

o?

16 minutes ago, Peterwoo802 said:

Thx

"Do not be a man of worth, but rather a man of value"

IOW: don't worry about post count, but rather the quality of the posts that you do make

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

45 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

"Do not be a man of worth, but rather a man of value"

IOW: don't worry about post count, but rather the quality of the posts that you do make

Agree. 

10 good posts contribute far more to the quality of the forum than 100 shitty ones. 

Hey there. Tiny tidbit about posting: posts in the Off-Topic section don't count towards the Post Count shown below your name. Neither do status updates or blog entries. 😉

General Discussion and Tech News is a good place to start. Voice your opinion, perhaps some might agree with you. If you meet opposing opinions, by all means, carry on discussing the differences in views (cordially, OFC). 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 hour ago, Peterwoo802 said:

As a person I'm quite awkward and introverted and Its quite hard for me to get conversations going.

dont be shy getting into convos as im sure even a small advice would be really helpful for someone 

1 hour ago, Peterwoo802 said:

I also have limited knowledge regarding tech (in which most of it learned from the forums and Linus's videos)

helping is also a way of learning 

you help someone and you may discover a thing or two that might lead to learning a lot more about a certain topic 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

i have  Asperger's syndrome but it has taken me a while to just say what i think not what i think others want me to say.

i double triple explain things and i feel that gives me my style. others will be cruel or nasty but i just ignore them. and i agree that one good post is better than ten

Don’t worry about post count. Worry about quality 

I tend to respond to new threads very quickly with what is needed then come back later for follow up. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

know things or not know things.

answer questions you don't know

ask questions on things you don't

or follow @DildorTheDecent like everyone else.

Just now, fpo said:

or follow @DildorTheDecent like everyone else.

Is it a sin if I didn't follow the parrot God

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Is it a sin if I didn't follow the parrot God

@Crunchy Dragon was it in the forum guidelines? I don't remember.

Just now, fpo said:

Oh no am I in trouble 

Crap 

Build Log: 

Just now, Peterwoo802 said:

Thx for the advice! Helps a lot! 

Good luck and have fun helping ;)

If you get something wrong it happens to the best of us 

Build Log: 

4 hours ago, fpo said:

No, not really.

It's encouraged, but not a requirement.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

No, not really.

Oh phew good thing I'm not in trouble

Thank you bird king I might consider following you as an appreciation of your mercy 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There are going to be some fried birds tonight

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

6 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

There are going to be some fried birds tonight

I had some real good chicken for dinner. Fried birds doesn't sound terrible at the moment, not gonna lie.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Advice  point number 1.  If you are worried about giving bad advice, stick to what you know or what your best at and when making suggestions or adding to a topic use qualifiers, if you explain what you think and why it might not apply or why it might be wrong then the only people who will argue or be rude will be the trolls.  Which leads me to point number 2, never let another person control what you feel or your desire to help and be a part of a community. If trying to help someone on a forum results in another person just telling you you are wrong but not taking the time to explain why and be polite about it, then that person does not deserve your attention nor the control over you.   

Also, although you didn't raise it, a few people have referred to post count,  if it makes any difference,  post count means nothing, 1 post or 1 million posts does not change who you are or the value you bring to the forum.   People have said to me that they were shocked that someone with a post count as high as mine could post things that they considered to be wrong. The issue with that is that my post count does not effect the accuracy or reality of my posts, it just means I enjoy discussing tech news. Don't rely on it to tell you anything.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 hours ago, Peterwoo802 said:

Hi, I am one of those guys who spends most of their time on the forum reading.

I'm asking for advice on how to get more involved in this forum, As a person I'm quite awkward and introverted and Its quite hard for me to get conversations going.

It would be great if you guys could help me out on some advice. 

Thx!

I would not worry about making more posts.

Posting for the sake of posting is bad and I am sadly guilty of that crime :(

But if you want to be more involved with the community, you should definitely start browsing the sub-forums you're most interested in and maybe being able to help some people out there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/