Water cooled Laptop on a plane

Hi guys, 
I was just wondering, if I could take my watercooled laptop on a plane and use it there?
Does anybody have any experience on that?

i dont think airplane tables would be big enough for a watercooled laptop

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

6 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Hi guys, 
I was just wondering, if I could take my watercooled laptop on a plane and use it there?

is this a diy project? What laptop is this? The airplane tables are barely able to fit a 15 inch laptop.

4 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Hi guys, 

If the notebook has been customized by you and no longer follows the manufacturer's specs, you'd probably violate the law. Even if the notebook is working fine, it is no longer within the specs that have been approved/tested/... whatever.

Whether someone would catch on to that and you'd get into trouble... probably depends on the airline and the security checks and how obvious and "ghetto" these modifications are.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

They will open your laptop,rip the loop out of the laptop and drain it,

In a lot of cases the damage they do is irrepairable.

They will see the liquid in the scanning machine,it's not hard to miss.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

17 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Hi guys, 

I would not try it at least not trying to use your laptop in the plane if you want to transport it I‘d empty the loop in advance

and be prepared to explain what you are transporting. Because I don’t think you‘ll easily let through security ( since it seems that they often aren’t able to distinguish a gun and a waterbottle

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

They will see the liquid in the scanning machine,it's not hard to miss.

Not to mention an electronic device with cables sticking out or looking otherwise suspicious/tampered with could very well be mistaken for something more sinister, which might mean you'll spend some time in custody explaining things and might lose possession of the item.

If you are very unlucky they will call the police for diffusing your „ bomb“ but very very very unlikely 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

is this a diy project? What laptop is this? The airplane tables are barely able to fit a 15 inch laptop.

Yes it is. I build it last year and it is my only Laptop. I don't plan to fly anywhere soon. I was just curious, if anybody has tried it before. But I guess, it isnt possible then. Thanks for your answers

That's the Laptop.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-02 at 13.36.57.jpeg

1 minute ago, Devryd said:

Yes it is. I build it last year and it is my only Laptop. I don't plan to fly anywhere soon. I was just curious, if anybody has tried it before. But I guess, it isnt possible then. Thanks for your answers

Forgot the obvious: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/carry/luggage-restrictions/index_en.htm

Liquids carried in the aircraft cabin such as aerosols, drinks, toothpaste, cosmetic creams or gels must be carried in a transparent plastic bag - maximum capacity 1 litre - and no container may hold more than 100 ml. Liquid containers larger than 100 ml must be placed in checked baggage. The volume restriction does not apply to medicines and baby food.

Even if the device itself passes inspection, you can't have more than 100 ml in a single container.

8 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

they often aren’t able to distinguish a gun and a waterbottle

They have a good reason to not allow liquids on planes - liquid bombs and molotov cocktails are a serious threat.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Oh, that will make it impossible. I dont have a lot of water in my loop, since it is pretty small, but it is more than 100ml.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

They have a good reason to not allow liquids on planes - liquid bombs and molotov cocktails are a serious threat.

I know it’s more an ironic explanation that airport security is very strict and investigate anything suspicious 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Oh, that will make it impossible. I dont have a lot of water in my loop, since it is pretty small, but it is more than 100ml.

I'd say even without the water it is too wide to fit on an airplane table without blocking your neighbor's table as well. Not to mention an unprotected fan someone could get their fingers into :D (Cool project nonetheless)

14 minutes ago, Devryd said:

That's the Laptop.

Yeah that's a hard no :p.

3 hours ago, Devryd said:

That's the Laptop.

Not a chance.

You would maybe be ok if the waterloop looked much more professionally built. Using less mainstream components and 3d printed enclosure that could look less DIY.

Something like a 3x80mm rad (nexxxos make them) that is mounted in a an enclosure that attaches to the back of the laptop behind the screen hinge or the side of the laptop. No pipes visible, no wires visible, with shrouded fans, and no res.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Yeah, no chance at all. You have to use it with liquids and those have to be put in a clear plastic bag so that's the first issue. It looks sketchy and hard to test for anyone who isn't into this stuff. People with DIY headphone amps had their issues getting them through security. You're coming up with liquids and stuff. Not a chance.

And even if you brought it on a plane: remember the lower cabin pressure. Those liquids will expand and you might sport a leak.

Forget it.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!