AMD 2200g no longer hitting 100% usage

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
1 minute ago, Viking420 said:

I'm aware but this was never an issue before so how would I go about dealing with the bios if I'm already on the latest one 

If the manual over clock does the job and is stable or if ryzen master works then that will probably be it 

Maybe wait until a new bios comes out and when it does (the full one not the beta) you can try again 

My cpu has recently refused to go to 100 usage during stress test 4ghz overclocking limited to 3.95ghz?....if I set my overclock to that stock speeds manually in bios it still has same issue putting my cpu back to auto it boosts to 100% usage during the test why would a manually set overclock suddenly only allow 99%usage 

Temps ? 

And mobo and PSU ? 

I mean 99% is basically 100% your cpu is either thermal throttling or power throttling

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

600watt psu/mobo aorus B450 M temps during test are usually below 78 to 80 during test...this wasnt how the cpu was acting before I've recently overclocked my ram soc voltage is 1.056 range I also use a dedicated gpu so I have the Igpu disabled 

Just now, Viking420 said:

600watt psu/mobo aorus B450 M temps during test are usually below 78 to 80 during test...this wasnt how the cpu was acting before I've recently overclocked my ram soc voltage is 1.056 range I also use a dedicated gpu so I have the Igpu disabled 

Ohhhh you oced your ram 

Then it's probably something with your FCLK 

The infinity fabric is probably the reason why

Try reverting your oc on your ram and if everything is back to normal well then it's because if the reason above

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I have cleared cmos forced motherboard to the dual bios and tried higher voltages lower voltages...lower clock speeds even lower than stock with the same result uf I change my cpus multiplier to auto the problem goes away.....also if I set a profile in ryzen master only controlling clock speed it also fixes itself instantly 

I have cleared cmos forced motherboard to the dual bios and tried higher voltages lower voltages...lower clock speeds even lower than stock with the same result uf I change my cpus multiplier to auto the problem goes away.....also if I set a profile in ryzen master only controlling clock speed it also fixes itself instantly 

Did you try xmp ? With the over clock ?

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Ohhhh you oced your ram 

Then it's probably something with your FCLK 

The infinity fabric is probably the reason why

Try reverting your oc on your ram and if everything is back to normal well then it's because if the reason above

I tried that on friday using the default xmp I used when I first overclocked my cpu it has same issue unfortunately literally if put a manual setting for clock speed it does this makes no sense 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Did you try xmp ? With the over clock ?

I have I can get it stable up to 4.1ghz but that's when it takes to many steps up in voltage for my liking so I just stopped at 4ghz along time ago with a safer voltage 

One more thing I got one run in on cinebench where it boosted and said 100% then ever since that one it stopped and I cant get my score to be the same anymore so it is physically showing an effect and not just improper readings 

Is there maybe an issue with my bios after messing with memory getting it stable 

2 minutes ago, Viking420 said:

Is there maybe an issue with my bios after messing with memory getting it stable 

I'm trying to think 

When you got 99% did you get a noticeable difference in score ? 

I mean I'm gonna lay down all my ideas

Either the imc just simply can't handle it

Or the soc voltage is too low

Maybe the FCLK is also not handling it 

Maybe the bios is outdated 

Or simply everything about the overclock is not stable 

Build Log: 

Well I have both my main bios and backup updated...I also believe my memory to be stable after overnight test with cpu being stressed aswell...I havent tried changing soc voltage  much but only because of how when I set my clock speed to auto in bios it's fine but to manually change it even lower than auto does the issue persists....I feel this points to a software issue but I really dont like messing with bios updates and fresh windows installs arnt fun either lol....

Well I have both my main bios and backup updated...I also believe my memory to be stable after overnight test with cpu being stressed aswell...I havent tried changing soc voltage  much but only because of how when I set my clock speed to auto in bios it's fine but to manually change it even lower than auto does the issue persists....I feel this points to a software issue but I really dont like messing with bios updates and fresh windows installs arnt fun either lol....

Wait does the memory work just fine and the stress test work just fine without the manual oc?

Build Log: 

What I'm wondering is how ryzen master takes over what the motherboard is doing because if I use that to adjust my speed even while my overclock is set I'm can go up to 4.1ghz before I crash and itl show 100% usage thru all of that my power plans also on show a ryzen balanced blan no ryzen high performance is that normal?

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wait does the memory work just fine and the stress test work just fine without the manual oc?

I've passed memtest with my stock settings first then passed them for longer with my overclock set only noticed the issue once I went to check my scores and had HWINFO64 running and task manager aswell cause that's when I noticed my cpu wasnt acually going to 4ghz  anymore  

I've passed memtest with my stock settings first then passed them for longer with my overclock set only noticed the issue once I went to check my scores and had HWINFO64 running and task manager aswell cause that's when I noticed my cpu wasnt acually going to 4ghz  anymore  

Well then it's probably a bios problem or just the power delivery is not stable 

Gigabyte is notorious for bad bios and the aorus m well to put it simply not a good overclocking board 

Build Log: 

I'm aware but this was never an issue before so how would I go about dealing with the bios if I'm already on the latest one 

Honestly what I can do with how its behaving is set multiplier one step higher and I get my 4ghz but just odd behavior that I've not seen in the time I've used it 

If the manual over clock does the job and is stable or if ryzen master works then that will probably be it 

Maybe wait until a new bios comes out and when it does (the full one not the beta) you can try again 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I would probably use ryzen master at this point if I didnt have to open it every time to apply the profile it so silly also appcenter has things like Vtuner I uninstalled it all maybe a fresh windows install would help to remove stuff that's possibly conflicting...what's the most pain free way of a fresh windows install.....also the drivers for the 2200g I dont use the ones that come with adrenaline or whatever because I was worried it would conflict with my rx580 radeon software 

Just now, Viking420 said:

...what's the most pain free way of a fresh windows install

I guess backing up all of your stuff and then fresh installing it 

Build Log: