I cannot get any internet connection through my ethernet port

I have been stuck on a slow inconsistent wifi card for days now, when that's even working. I cannot get any internet through my router to my computer or through my TP-link powerline only through the wifi built into my motherboard, I very recently upgraded to this powerline and all was fine until it started cutting out for hours at a time, and eventually stopped working entirely I've tried everything I can find online, including a complete windows reinstall, which would lead you to believe that it's hardware, but I cannot find any faults with the port, and it still connects to the network, just not to the internet it says "no internet access your device is connected and can access devices on your network but may not be able to reach the internet" please help me this is so frustrating, oh and yes the powerline gives internet to my laptop, so it's not that.

15910243601164087702501845997566.jpg

4 minutes ago, kerchunga said:

I have been stuck on a slow inconsistent wifi card for days now, when that's even working. I cannot get any internet through my router to my computer or through my TP-link powerline only through the wifi built into my motherboard, I very recently upgraded to this powerline and all was fine until it started cutting out for hours at a time, and eventually stopped working entirely I've tried everything I can find online, including a complete windows reinstall, which would lead you to believe that it's hardware, but I cannot find any faults with the port, and it still connects to the network, just not to the internet it says "no internet access your device is connected and can access devices on your network but may not be able to reach the internet" please help me this is so frustrating, oh and yes the powerline gives internet to my laptop, so it's not that.

15910243601164087702501845997566.jpg

First thing I would do would be to check the drivers for the network adapter. If the Ethernet is an add-on card, find the make and model, go to their website and download the driver. 

If the Ethernet is on the motherboad/laptop, go to the motherboard/laptop manufacturer website, or google search your laptop model number and download the driver.

Reboot and retest.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

While you can get internet on another machine connected to the same port it may still be a router issue, specifically a DHCP one (I had to deal with a flaky router for a long time that would do this, ultimately requiring machines to be setup manually to avoid getting stuck on 'no internet' after shutting down or sleeping a few times).

Use ipconfig and make sure that your assigned IP, gateway, subnet mask and DNS all make sense compared to your router's settings. If your IP starts with 169.254.?.? then you very likely have an issue with your router's DHCP server not working properly with all the devices on your network.

I'm sorry I'm hopeless with this stuff, how do I access my router settings and compare the 2?

Open cmd prompt or powershell in windows and type:

ipconfig - press enter.

ipv4 address = your pc's ip, just make sure it's not 169.254.x.x

default gateway = your router's ip address, type this address into a web browser to access your router if you really want to.

Have you tried this computer ethernet connection with any other ethernet ports?