O11D top not closing and Case I/O USB advice / info

Leng

Hello everyone, first of all thank you very much as youtube and this forum were the biggest helpers in my build, got to POST screen on Sunday, and taking it slow, just have to install a few more SSD's and a little more cable management before I will install W10 and change my old tower out for the new one. 

Just have 2 or 3 questions if you don't mind. (In my opinion I have no problems yet so it should not be a troubleshooting post really, hope I am in the right subforum haha)

1. O11D top cover not closing:

I will probably just put the magnetic dust cover on top for now, but I think it looks a lot better having it underneath. I have read threads and people seem to be having trouble with this. My screws may be the issue, I am using the ones that came with "be quiet Pure Wings 2". I have 3 of them installed and left a gap at the front and back for the 3 fans, maybe I can try to move them a bit more and succeed. If not, who has fans installed and used some other screws, if I have to buy 12 screws and can make it work, I will do it! Want to make it look as good as I can. 

2. I/O connections from the O11D to my mainboard. 

It comes with 2 USB connectors, and I have currently not tested front usb ports on the case yet, but I have both plugged in. Do I need both? I have 2 fans at bottom, and not installed a third yet as it may bend one of the case I/O USB connections a little bit. MB is Asus 570-E. I plugged one USB into the "USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connector (U32G2_C9)" and the second one into "USB 3.2 Gen 1 front panel connector (U32G1_1011). If I only need one (which I think but I haven't build a PC since 2012) then it would be great to just have the first one only plugged in!

Thanks for reading and always being mighty helpful!

You will need both the connectors for all the front panel ones to work, the older one is for the Type A ports & the newer connector is for the type C.

Ah that makes sense, forgot that there is C and A! Thanks, learning something new all the time, really enjoyed building everything.