Primochill pull valves, can they be locked?

Anyone have experience with Primochill's pull valves?

I'm considering ordering fittings from them, I want to have a drain valve permanently attached to the bottom of my res. Is it possible to lock them closed (no flow), either with a stop plug or without? They seem to be phasing out their ball valves (don't even have the color I'd want), and I don't really understand the mechanics of how the pull valves work. Can't seem to find anyone on youtube showing them either.

eg https://www.primochill.com/products/primochill-female-to-female-g-1-4-pull-drain-valve-teal?_pos=3&_sid=f06f656dc&_ss=r

22 hours ago, kadoban said:

Anyone have experience with Primochill's pull valves?

I'm considering ordering fittings from them, I want to have a drain valve permanently attached to the bottom of my res. Is it possible to lock them closed (no flow), either with a stop plug or without? They seem to be phasing out their ball valves (don't even have the color I'd want), and I don't really understand the mechanics of how the pull valves work. Can't seem to find anyone on youtube showing them either.

eg https://www.primochill.com/products/primochill-female-to-female-g-1-4-pull-drain-valve-teal?_pos=3&_sid=f06f656dc&_ss=r

Those drain valves have essentially a sliding cover on the exterior which slide over drilled ports that allow for the fluid to drain out.

They are designed as an inline component to the loop and not like how a 1/4 turn valve works.

Thanks! That makes sense.

So if I understand correctly then, even if I totally plugged the "out" side and then if I slide the valve mechanism, there will be some positions where water will leak out of the drilled holes in the side, right?

7 hours ago, kadoban said:

Thanks! That makes sense.

So if I understand correctly then, even if I totally plugged the "out" side and then if I slide the valve mechanism, there will be some positions where water will leak out of the drilled holes in the side, right?

Yes there will be some fluid essentially between the holes and the exterior sliding cover when closed from what I can see on from the images. Barrow has a sliding type of valve that has a similar design.