Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA defunct?

I have a weird problem on my old rig. The system started to freeze several times by random and eventually wouldn't post at all. The pc starts normally with fans spinning and all but hangs to the orange dram led indicating my ram is faulty.

My PC specs:

-Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA

-16Gb (2x8) Kingston HyperX ddr4 2666Mhz

-i5 6600K

-Sapphire RX480

-650W Seasonic Core GM-650 psu

I checked both memory sticks on another system and they worked fine. I get the same dram fault even if ram is not installed and try to boot. I've checked all the cables, replaced the CMOS, reset the RTC, reinstalled the CPU, tried without the GPU but no effect.

I've searched the forums before but couldn't find someone with similar problems. Could this mean I have a dead motherboard? Any more ideas how to fix this?

Try updating the bios 

Try with one stick at a time 

If you have xmp try disabling it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Try updating the bios 

Try with one stick at a time 

If you have xmp try disabling it 

I'd try that but the system doesn't post. I can't get the bios at all. No signal from any of the outputs on the motherboard or the GPU.

Just now, nill_kiggers said:

I'd try that but the system doesn't post. I can't get the bios at all. No signal from any of the outputs on the motherboard or the GPU.

Did you try the cpu or the GPU in another system just to make sure they are not the problem

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: