I think i was misled...

I'm new to the PC world and had a buddy help pick out parts for my first build. 

I currently have a i5 9400F

RTX 2060 Super

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro MB

Corsair Hydro H100x

32GB Ram 

I think I'm bottle necking with this CPU?
I'm not running any overclocks.  I'm looking for a second opinion on this issue.  Should i upgrade the CPU. I run 1440P at 90 -110ish FPS on COD.  Not sure if that is acceptable for the hardware i have. Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, theonenewguy said:

I run 1440P at 90 -110ish FPS on COD.

It sounds like you're doing just fine. What exactly is wrong?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

That is in the neighborhood of what you should expect 

Nothing is wrong

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Bottleneck is not really the main issue, friends don't let friends buy Intel.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Friends let friends with money buy high end Intel :D

Budget friends don't let friends buy Intel ;)

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That would be a nice friend to have lmao 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

The 9400f should work ok.  How long it will do that for is a different question.  It might not have been the most budget friendly choice long term but that’s water under the bridge now.  I suspect the cpu is faster than the gpu for your purposes ftm.  We’ll see how things go in 2021.   It will possibly change and all the 3300x users will be just as hosed.  My suspicion is the board will be swapped out along with the cpu, or a 9900k will go in.  8700k maybe, but likely 9900k

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I appreciate all the feed back. Nothing is necessarily wrong, I just wanted a few extra opinions on the matter.  I gave him a budget of $1500 with the ability of going slightly over if needed.  just hoping i got a decent bang for my buck!

1 hour ago, theonenewguy said:

I'm new to the PC world and had a buddy help pick out parts for my first build. 

I currently have a i5 9400F

RTX 2060 Super

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro MB

Corsair Hydro H100x

32GB Ram

I am not from America but I am under the impression that parts in the US are cheaper. I, therefore, would have expected better specs for $1500. Don´t get me wrong, it is not bad in any way.

16 GB RAM would have been enough and the water cooling is wasted for the cpu. You could have gotten a better cpu instead which would be better than overclocking slightly more. It is however not a big deal as 6 cores are enough

@Teddy07 I agree with you. The liquid cooler dose keep is super cool. I do wish i got a different CPU. Just not sure what.  

Just now, theonenewguy said:

@Teddy07 I agree with you. The liquid cooler dose keep is super cool. I do wish i got a different CPU. Just not sure what.  

With 1500 assuming let's say labor was like 100 bucks 

You could have fit a 3600 and you would not need the extra 32 gigs of RAM since that doesn't make sense so 16 gigs and you could have probably been able to fit a 5700xt which is basically a 2070 super

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, theonenewguy said:

Don´t worry about it now. Just upgrade the cpu in a few years. It has 6 cores and I even play fine with a quad core.

10 minutes ago, theonenewguy said:

Meh.  Coulda woulda shoulda.  It’s water under the bridge.  What you got will work great till at least the end of the year.   It’s capable of owning any gaming software currently released.    The new consoles could change things a bit but they’ve got to be released, and then they’ve got to be around long enough to make developers write for their maximum capacity.   There’s time.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.