ryzen 3 1200af at 50 euro

so i had ben looking for a rig to play recent games at 1080 and while looking at ryzen's more recent stuff i stumbled upon this 4 core cpu for 50 bucks.

is the 2200g worth 100 what ya think?

i've bought a 570 for 100 bucks so apu isnt really neded. 

1 minute ago, Andr3G said:

so i had ben looking for a rig to play recent games at 1080 and while looking at ryzen's more recent stuff i stumbled upon this 4 core cpu for 50 bucks.

i've bought a 570 for 100 bucks so apu isnt really neded. 

The 2200G is not worth 100 euros if the 1200AF is 50 euros.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For 100 euros you could probably get a 3100, far better chip for gaming, and obviously the 1200AF is better than the 2200G, especially when you overclock it a little, plus it's half the price.

alright thx just double cheking.

one more thing. i have 2 8gb sticks . one 2400hz and the other 3200.

is double chnnel worth it . i dont need 16 gb and for double channel both will run at 2400

4 minutes ago, Andr3G said:

ironically, the 2200G uses first gen Zen architecture, despite being a second gen part, and the 1200AF uses the 12nm Zen + architecture despite being first gen.

is double chnnel worth it . i dont need 16 gb and for double channel both will run at 2400

make sure you quote us so we can see your responses

dual channel 2400 is a lot faster than single channel 3200.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Andr3G said:

For actual cpu performance I believe dual channel doesn't make a difference, the only place where it does is when using integrated graphics since you're sharing the memory, and the extra bandwidth helps.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

For actual cpu performance I believe dual channel doesn't make a difference, the only place where it does is when using integrated graphics since you're sharing the memory, and the extra bandwidth helps.

the 1200af doesnt have integrated graphics.does it not make a diference then ?

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

It absolutely makes a difference from CPU performance as well. Anything that accesses memory can do so at a faster speed with dual channel.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

For actual cpu performance I believe dual channel doesn't make a difference

Core to core latency on Ryzen is dependent on memory bandwidth and latency, there is a very large difference in performance from 2133 to 3200MHz, and from single to dual channel.

It matters on Intel too, just less, because of the completely different way that cores communicate.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

ironically, the 2200G uses first gen Zen architecture, despite being a second gen part, and the 1200AF uses the 12nm Zen + architecture despite being first gen.

make sure you quote us so we can see your responses

dual channel 2400 is a lot faster than single channel 3200.

my bad kinda new to this stuff. wasnt expecting so many people either xd

my bad kinda new to this stuff. wasnt expecting so many people either xd

just FYI, the 1200AF does follow second gen compatibility rules, so hypothetically, if you have a B350 or X370 motherboard with a BIOS that is very old, it wouldn't work, but any B450 motherboard will work.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Core to core latency on Ryzen is dependent on memory bandwidth and latency, there is a very large difference in performance from 2133 to 3200MHz, and from single to dual channel.

It matters on Intel too, just less, because of the completely different way that cores communicate.

And the interconnect also gains a pretty good performance gain 

While yes you might not be able to over clock as much since it's more work for the interconnect because of the  FCLK 

Over clocking ryzen never really had alot of performance gains 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

just FYI, the 1200AF does follow second gen compatibility rules, so hypothetically, if you have a B350 or X370 motherboard with a BIOS that is very old, it wouldn't work, but any B450 motherboard will work.

i was looking at the lower end stuff . was thinking of going with a a250 board . 

i'm new to building  and stuff and for bare 1080 without anything i dont realy need o.c i think .

does the core boost stuff work w an non overclockable board ?

im buying of shelf so at worst il need a bios update but it should be ?compatible? 

Just now, steelo said:

Theres a 1200af??? Is this only in Europe?

Nope it was recently released it's basically a 3200g with the apu stripped out and is half the price 

Pretty neat 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Nope it was recently released it's basically a 3200g with the apu stripped out and is half the price 

Pretty neat 

Holy cow, thats awesome for budget builders.

i was looking at the lower end stuff . was thinking of going with a a250 board . 

A320 motherboards are not recommended for a gaming PC, they offer bad power delivery and a limited upgrade path.

i'm new to building  and stuff and for bare 1080 without anything i dont realy need o.c i think .

even without overclocking, a 6 core CPU (if you wanted one in the future) is going to struggle at full usage.

does the core boost stuff work w an non overclockable board ?

yes

im buying of shelf

you will be able to see on the box if it's compatible or not. A badge will say "Ryzen 2000 series ready" or "Ryzen 3000 series ready" or will not have either of those badges.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

Theres a 1200af??? Is this only in Europe?

I doubt they’re still being made.  They might still be around for sale.  I get the impression the af stuff, bit 1600 and 1200, was a stop gap thing that resulted from the 14nm process ending before the 7nm 3100 stuff was out. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

A320 motherboards are not recommended for a gaming PC, they offer bad power delivery and a limited upgrade path.

even without overclocking, a 6 core CPU (if you wanted one in the future) is going to struggle at full usage.

yes

you will be able to see on the box if it's compatible or not.

i hear u. it should be compatible.

on the board issue. b450 minimum? its like double price prety much. will that be that bad (A320)?

Just now, Andr3G said:

on the board issue. b450 minimum? its like double price prety much. will that be that bad (A320)?

B450 has been allowed to upgrade to 4th gen Ryzen. A320, B350, and X370 are cut off at third gen.

In an ideal scenario, the very best CPU you should/could put in the average A320 motherboard is a Ryzen 3 3300X or a Ryzen 5 3500X (because it lacks SMT). This doesn't allow much in terms of improved performance, you do get decent single threaded but modern titles that can use more cores will suffer.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Andr3G said:

I mean if you are not planning on upgrading at least for a while something like a b350 tomahawk would not go for much and would still support even zen 2 ( with a bios update ofc)

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I doubt they’re still being made.  They might still be around for sale.  I get the impression the af stuff, bit 1600 and 1200, was a stop gap thing that resulted from the 14nm process ending before the 7nm 3100 stuff was out. 

i think so to ,they are probably that cheap because they are getting rid of them. i think they normaly would go for a bit more .eu market is usualy more expensive 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

B350, and X370 are cut off at third gen

Actually some 300 series boards  support for zen 2 although they are not that many 

Edited by TofuHaroto
Typo

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Actually some 300 series boards for support for zen 2 although they are not that many 

I thought almost every 300 series board supports Zen 2? Though some version of a "beta BIOS"0

despite the official lack of support from A320 for Ryzen 3000

Primary PC:

A320 can suffer from weak memory speeds. It can be a problem.  Also they tend to have weak VRM which limits what chips can be put on them.  Neither of these actually have much to do with the actual chipset.  The chipset pulls off a few pcie lanes and divides them up for stuff like data and whatnot.  There’s stuff a320 doesn’t have.   If you’ve got a low power draw chip, never intend to upgrade it, don’t have use for the stuff b450 can do that a320 can’t, a320 is fine.   It’s limiting though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.