Ahmed Al Obaidy

hi everyone 

I hope that I find new ideas here cause I almost giving up 

My PC 

9900 K 

Asus 2080 Ti 

ROG Maximus XI Code 

32 GB Hyperx running at XMP 3200 CL 16

CPU and GPU running on custom loop (360 Rad) 

this issue started almost 6 months ago when I was playing the division 2 but it only happened once on twice, but lately i'm unable to play any game specially red dead redemption 2 

after a few minutes my monitor losses signal completely and the only way to get it back is by hard reset my PC. after restarting I get a notification that Geforce driver couldn't be started and windows default driver were loaded although i'm running the latest driver. 

below are some of the troubleshooting that I did already but with no luck 

1. Clean Windows Install (and I even removed all the partitions and started from scratch) 

2. changing monitors (from 1440 to 1080 cause I have both also connected the PC to my TV) 

3. switching from HDMI to DP

4. removed GPU tweak II ( I had it configured for maximum power and Temp target only)

5. defaulting Nvidia 3D settings ( power management was set to prefer maximum performance and texture filtering quality set to high performance)

things I'm planning to do for more troubleshooting

1. replacing both HDMI and DP cables for a new ones 

2. reducing RAM to 16 instead of 32 cause I added 2 more matching sticks recently although I don't it's related to the issue 

3. installing GPU directly (iam using cooler master vertical holder although I checked the GPU is running at 16x using GPUZ

and last sorry for the long post hope to hear from ya soon 

Regards 

12 minutes ago, Ahmed Al Obaidy said:

hi everyone 

I hope that I find new ideas here cause I almost giving up 

My PC 

9900 K 

Asus 2080 Ti 

ROG Maximus XI Code 

32 GB Hyperx running at XMP 3200 CL 16

CPU and GPU running on custom loop (360 Rad) 

this issue started almost 6 months ago when I was playing the division 2 but it only happened once on twice, but lately i'm unable to play any game specially red dead redemption 2 

after a few minutes my monitor losses signal completely and the only way to get it back is by hard reset my PC. after restarting I get a notification that Geforce driver couldn't be started and windows default driver were loaded although i'm running the latest driver. 

below are some of the troubleshooting that I did already but with no luck 

1. Clean Windows Install (and I even removed all the partitions and started from scratch) 

2. changing monitors (from 1440 to 1080 cause I have both also connected the PC to my TV) 

3. switching from HDMI to DP

4. removed GPU tweak II ( I had it configured for maximum power and Temp target only)

5. defaulting Nvidia 3D settings ( power management was set to prefer maximum performance and texture filtering quality set to high performance)

things I'm planning to do for more troubleshooting

1. replacing both HDMI and DP cables for a new ones 

2. reducing RAM to 16 instead of 32 cause I added 2 more matching sticks recently although I don't it's related to the issue 

3. installing GPU directly (iam using cooler master vertical holder although I checked the GPU is running at 16x using GPUZ

and last sorry for the long post hope to hear from ya soon 

Regards 

I would definitely start with plugging the GPU in directly to the mobo. That is the most likely issue of all those you have listed.

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: ESXi 6.5 - - 250 GB SSD for VM's/ESXi boot - - FreeNAS - - HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone - - i3 6100 - - 28 GB ECC - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Probably the pci extender isn't shielded correctly

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz (-75mV Core // -5mV Cache) RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition ( +295 Mhz core // +120 Mhz memory)  PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit // Manjaro

just to update you

my issue was solved 

it was as you guys suggested the vertical mount 

once I plugged the GPU directly problem was solved and I was able to game normally without any issues 

thanks for all who replied to my topic 

you guys are the best