Newly built PC constantly restarts AFTER bios

ljp8991

I recently built a PC for the purpose of gaming. The PC worked for approximately 24 hours with no problems at all. After this however the PC constantly restarts. Sometimes windows loads and I am able to log in and others it restarts almost immediately after the bios prompt. I am able to enter the bios settings and remain there for any length of time without the PC restarting. The time until restart is anywhere up to around 3-4 minutes after the bios prompt. 

I have currently tried:

Reinstalling windows

Using a different SSD

Inserting one ram stick in at a time (attempting both ram sticks)

Using a different PSU

Reset CMOS

Updating bios version

Using a different GPU

Reapplying thermal paste to CPU

Unplugging all case fans and RGB lights

All without any success

Current components

Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler

MSI Pro VDH Max

2x8GB HyperX Fury Ram

Kingston A400 SSD

AMD Rtx 5600 (MSI custom)

550W Seasonic Focus GX-550 80PLUS Gold PSU

I'd suggest trying to perhaps install a different OS like Ubuntu for example, if that presents a similar issue to Windows then it is likely you have a hardware issue.

You could also try contacting Microsoft support, they have helped me fix on many occasions issues that I couldn't find fixes to regarding Windows 10.

Also check all the power connections, make sure the 8pin and 24 pin for the motherboard are properly plugged in, and also check that both 8 pin connectors on the gpu are plugged in properly

Thanks for the suggestion. On my 2nd attempt of installing windows I used a different boot device and different SSD so I'm unsure if the OS is the issue however I may give this a try anyway as I'm very low on options thanks!

When this sort of stuff happens to me, check the easy stuff first...unplug all your connections and make sure it's all plugged in nice and tight and make sure you have everything plugged in to the motherboard correctly, (ie you didn't forget to pug in the CPU power, etc.) .Run the RAM at default settings NOT the rated speed, PBO is off, etc....basically load defaults in the bios and see if it's stable there,  if not try just one stick of RAM, still not stable, try the other, then try a different slot.  Try reseating the CPU and ensure there isn't a film on the CPU cooler/ensure there is enough thermal paste and reinstall the cooler....ensuring it's down nice and snug...  Try your video card in a different slot, try a different card if you have one....if all that fails it could be a bad board or other component...the key is to try and isolate it.  I had one not a to long ago that was the cheap keyboard was causing issues...if you have other components give them a try!  Good luck!!!

Consultant by day, terrible youtuber by night.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDr_uxt6MSeUTsd8hmDOXw