Help. Is this desktop worth it?

so for my birthday, i want a mid to high end gaming desktop. i really want to have the best gaming experience, while not going much over 1000 us dollar. i want this model, with all the modifications, but i need help if i should keep it because it is worth it, or leave it because i could be getting something better for the same price here is the link. thanks! https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/game-desktops/aurora-r11/spd/alienware-aurora-r11-desktop?configurationid=2e5e0d4b-6edd-4792-a57f-21f89048b53d

Not really, this configuration below has very similar components, except the motherboard since, B and H series boards haven't been released. The motherboard is around 100$ so that should bring the total to 667$ which is far cheaper than the 879.99$ equally equipped Alienware from Dell

If you want the best performance, then build one yourself. They are wasting money on useless parts like water cooling and a 1000w psus where that money could be put to a better cpu/GPU b

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

1000w psus

Dell never does 1000W psus on the low end, they try to get away with as low of a wattage as possible, I'd imagine the 1650 configuration probably has a 350-400W PSU.

9 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Not really, this configuration below has very similar components, except the motherboard since, B and H series boards haven't been released. The motherboard is around 100$ so that should bring the total to 667$ which is far cheaper than the 879.99$ equally equipped Alienware from Dell

That and the case and psu is very restrictive for future upgrades.

This is a good comparison system to what you'd get in that alienware shockwave but this is not a great system to buy as better can be had.

No, it's not. The 10400 is not good and the overall components are crap. Get a Ryzen 5 3600 based system with a decent power supply. It'll be better AND cheaper