My CPU reaches 95 degrees in 10 minutes in PRIME95. but never overheats while gaming.

mahrama

My ryzen 3800x reaches 95 degrees in 10 minutes when i do the "prime 95 small fft" test and heaven (gpu test) together ( maybe higher if i dont stop it at 95 degrees) .  but it never over heats while i play the games i play. Although my computer would never be under those prime 95 type of loads ( i dont think) should i be worried that my CPU gets that hot in 10 minutes?  

specs 

Case- Corsair X570 white

Guts- Motherboard- ASUS prime x570 pro

Cpu- Ryzen 7 3800x

GPU- ROG OC 2080ti

RAM- Trident Z Neo 64gb DDR 3600

Storage- Aorus 2 TB M.2 SSD

Psu-Seasonic PrimeTX-850W 80+ Titanium

Untitled.png

kmJYAF2.jpg

You my want to include your full PC specs here so people can advise more appropriately. 

With that said, Prime95 is a stupid heavy workload, if you aren't seeing bad temps when using the system as you normally would I wouldn't be all that concerned myself. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

If you're using the stock [or just a small] cooler, it's expected.

-アパゾ

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You my want to include your full PC specs here so people can advise more appropriately. 

With that said, Prime95 is a stupid heavy workload, if you aren't seeing bad temps when using the system as you normally would I wouldn't be all that concerned myself. 

Youre absolutely right. Sorry. 

EDIT: i included all of it

1 minute ago, mahrama said:

Youre absolutely right. Sorry. 

No need to be sorry. Just trying to help you get the best advice you can!

How much radiator space do you have in total?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

what game in this universe would use 100% of your cpu like the benchmark does?

i mean, its a ryzen 7 3800x, of course its not going to overheat midgame.

33 minutes ago, APasz said:

If you're using the stock [or just a small] cooler, it's expected.

Based on the picture he is using a very serious custom loop.

@mahrama, 95C seems very high with a custom loop like that. How hot does the GPU get? What radiator(s) do you have on that loop?

38 minutes ago, mahrama said:

My ryzen 3800x reaches 95 degrees in 10 minutes when i do the "prime 95 small fft" test and heaven (gpu test) together ( maybe higher if i dont stop it at 95 degrees) .  but it never over heats while i play the games i play. Although my computer would never be under those prime 95 type of loads ( i dont think) should i be worried that my CPU gets that hot in 10 minutes?  

specs 

Case- Corsair X570 white

Guts- Motherboard- ASUS prime x570 pro

Cpu- Ryzen 7 3800x

GPU- ROG OC 2080ti

RAM- Trident Z Neo 64gb DDR 3600

Storage- Aorus 2 TB M.2 SSD

Psu-Seasonic PrimeTX-850W 80+ Titanium

Untitled.png

kmJYAF2.jpg

Try other benchmarks like occt, aida64 & if needed, measure the temps using hardware monitor. I don't have any overheating issues on my Ryzen 7 3700X. If the problem still persists, clear the cmos, downclock it for troubleshooting if there's an overclock or check the thermal conductivity on the block if you ever want to clean up your loop

3 minutes ago, goldenf said:

Based on the picture he is using a very serious custom loop.

@mahrama, 95C seems very high with a custom loop like that. How hot does the GPU get? What radiator(s) do you have on that loop?

Yeah I can see that, now that he's actually posted what he's got.

-アパゾ

It is quite toasty, but you might have an argument for it running that hot if you haven't disabled AVX in P95.

You've said it yourself, this is a totally unrealistic load on the CPU.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No need to be sorry. Just trying to help you get the best advice you can!

How much radiator space do you have in total?

i initially ordered 3 radiators for my whole loop but ended up using only 1 thin rad. Didnt realize how small the x570 actually ius one you start adding components.

8 hours ago, mahrama said:

i initially ordered 3 radiators for my whole loop but ended up using only 1 thin rad. Didnt realize how small the x570 actually ius one you start adding components.

So you are using 280mm thin rad for the whole set up. If this is the case, then I'd say thats where your problem is at. 

The fact that your CPU slowly climbs in temp is making me think that you simply just don't have the heat dissipation area required.

But! Do not worry as tbh you will never see a load like in in normal usage outside of some very limited situations like heavy video editing/rendering at the same time. 

My advice is find a spot for another rad, even if it is a 120/140 mm rad, or swap to a thicker rad if you want to have lower temps while running these workloads. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240