Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New pc build, no post, no error beeps.

New build here, 9700k, Asus maximus HERO XI, rtx 2070 super, 2x16 3600mhz corsair ddr4, be quiet dark rock 4, Samsung 970 evo,  2TB Seagate barracuda and a Silverstone st65f-gs 650w psu. Installed all the components, on the mobo box to test and it all powers up, cpu fan, lights and all; no post, no beeps. I do have this hooked up to my tv (I dont have a monitor yet [trying to find a decent 1440p 144hz monitor]). I tried using system builder to see if they weren't compatible, but they dont show my psu. I can post pictures if needed or if someone wants to face time please let me know. 

4 minutes ago, Obi1oh1 said:

New build here, 9700k, Asus maximus HERO XI, rtx 2070 super, 2x16 3600mhz corsair ddr4, be quiet dark rock 4, Samsung 970 evo,  2TB Seagate barracuda and a Silverstone st65f-gs 650w psu. Installed all the components, on the mobo box to test and it all powers up, cpu fan, lights and all; no post, no beeps. I do have this hooked up to my tv (I dont have a monitor yet [trying to find a decent 1440p 144hz monitor]). I tried using system builder to see if they weren't compatible, but they dont show my psu. I can post pictures if needed or if someone wants to face time please let me know. 

what is the psu wattage?

3 minutes ago, Obi1oh1 said:

Silverstone st65f-gs 650w psu

1 minute ago, Elements6007 said:

what is the psu wattage?

PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Black | Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX | RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CL16 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB m.2, Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" | GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700XT | Case: NZXT H510 | PSU: Corsair RM550x

788,303 PPD F@H

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Logitech G513 GX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Monitors: Samsung TU7100 43" 4K HDR, 2 xAcer 28" 4K | Heaphones: Sony Platinum Wireless | Mic: Blue Yeti Nano

Double check all the cables, unplug and replug them.

Have you tried booting using the iGPU?

PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Black | Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX | RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz CL16 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB m.2, Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" | GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700XT | Case: NZXT H510 | PSU: Corsair RM550x

788,303 PPD F@H

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Logitech G513 GX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Monitors: Samsung TU7100 43" 4K HDR, 2 xAcer 28" 4K | Heaphones: Sony Platinum Wireless | Mic: Blue Yeti Nano

4 minutes ago, Obi1oh1 said:

Dumb question, and I'm sorry if its obvious, but did you install the buzzer on the MOBO to ensure if it did beep you'd hear it? (I was guilty of that mistake once, the MOBO didn't have it built in)

2 minutes ago, RoverZC said:

Dumb question, and I'm sorry if its obvious, but did you install the buzzer on the MOBO to ensure if it did beep you'd hear it? (I was guilty of that mistake once, the MOBO didn't have it built in)

I was under the impression that the hero maximus XI came with one built in 

4 minutes ago, gloop said:

Double check all the cables, unplug and replug them.

Have you tried booting using the iGPU?

I've tried with and without the graphics card if that's what you're asking. 

1 minute ago, Obi1oh1 said:

I was under the impression that the hero maximus XI came with one built in 

I had the Maximus VII and it required an external beeper.

There is a 4 pin speaker connector shown for it in the manual for the Maximus XI.

In the MOBO box, did it come with a buzzer? 

1 minute ago, Obi1oh1 said:

I've tried with and without the graphics card if that's what you're asking. 

Did you double check the cables are plugged in correctly?

PC:

Spoiler

788,303 PPD F@H

Peripherals:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, RoverZC said:

I had the Maximus VII and it required an external beeper.

There is a 4 pin speaker connector shown for it in the manual for the Maximus XI.

In the MOBO box, did it come with a buzzer? 

It did not come with a buzzer

Try to clear CMOS, saved my ass a few times when not posting.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Did you double check the cables are plugged in correctly?

I believe I have them all installed correctly ☹

Just now, Obi1oh1 said:

I believe I have them all installed correctly ☹

Try booting using one RAM stick at a time, and clear the cmos as mentioned by @Stahlmann98.

PC:

Spoiler

788,303 PPD F@H

Peripherals:

Spoiler

In terms of your monitor search. Have a look at the LG 27GL850-B if its in your budget.

Pretty much the best to get on the market right now.

HardwareUnboxed has a great in-depth review on youtube.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Double checking the connections right now. Running with the single stick and no graphics card. 

looks like issue with TV, if no beeps but all fans spin and lights up, seems like tv problem, cable or something, use different output, dp,hdmi something i dnno

Just now, Chabax said:

looks like issue with TV, if no beeps but all fans spin and lights up, seems like tv problem, cable or something, use different output, dp,hdmi something i dnno

Cables work just fine, double checked them with my xbox and stereo. The tv is brand new and all hdmi ports are working as well (verified with the xbox and stereo as well). The input on that I'm using is set to auto detect so it shouldn't be a problem unless the igpu can't handle the 4k display?

I dont have a cable for the "EATX12V_2". Could that cause it to not post/boot? If so can you suggest a comparable psu to the one I have (a little more wattage isn't bad), that does have that cable?

20200529_124145.jpg

Edited by Obi1oh1

45 minutes ago, Obi1oh1 said:

I dont have a cable for the "EATX12V_2". Could that cause it to not post/boot? If so can you suggest a comparable psu to the one I have (a little more wattage isn't bad), that does have that cable?

20200529_124145.jpg

afaik its not mandatory to connect both cpu connectors, it should be able to boot and work just fine, even 9900k can work with 1 conector

45 minutes ago, RocketBunny42 said:

8 pin connector (CPU on power supply to board) should be good to boot it 4 pin supplies extra power.

OCD like me https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYVV4PY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure all connectors are pushed in all the way.

(8pin and 24pin will post your PC)

The 8 pin did not come with my psu... maybe it was missing out of box or something because I've never seen it 😤

Turns out I'm a dumb... in my defense though none of the cables said cpu (not a very good excuse I know). I just wasn't powering the cpu... at all... it posts now, no errors. Thank you all so much. Hopefully I don't screw anything up when i move it to the case now.