Anyone know any good mATX cases with good cooling (2+ fans).

redbrickwhale

I picked up a lian li lancool II for 100$, it has great room, flap down sides with glass screen panel doors. Comes with 3 fans and has rgb on the front. Lots of great features, little bigger little heavier tho

13 minutes ago, Aura7025 said:

I picked up a lian li lancool II for 100$, it has great room, flap down sides with glass screen panel doors. Comes with 3 fans and has rgb on the front. Lots of great features, little bigger little heavier tho

How do I change the RGB / is it configurable.

15 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

country?budget?

UK, willing to pay around £100 for the case.

Meshify C Mini but you should still add some fans

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I just built a mATX system in a tiny AvP Hyperion EV33B case. The are about £25-£30. Sure, it’s flimsy, but it was to sit on the bottom shelf of a ‘ladder’ desk, so the front-to-back dimension was important. You can have 2x120mm and 1x80mm fans in the front, and an 80mm fan with a 92mm OR second 80mm fan at the back. The side panels allow for a 120mm fan each. Enough fans? Oh, and if you have a GPU card, there will be exhaust fans associated with that!

The case is flimsy, sure. It is divided into 2 chambers. One is for the motherboard etc. That is behind the two 120mm front fans. It is roomy enough, and I fitted an nVidia 970 GPU in it no problem.

The other chamber has a removable front panel drive bay that you could get an optical drive in with a struggle and it would be on its side. If you can dispense with an optical drive (or have a USB one for the odd occasion) then there will be more room. There’s just enough space for a standard ATX psu. I used a Seasonic modular to have fewer cables. The PSU sucks air in through the vents in the side panel, and with a full size PSU there isn’t room to fit the 120mm fan on that side, but there would be with a small form factor PSU

Then there is an internal drive bay that will take one 2.5” and one 3.5” drive. I used an SSD as the boot drive and a 3.5” drive for bulk storage.They are right in front of the 80-or-92 mm fan on the back of the case that can draw air past them. You might get 3 SSDs in there with a bracket and/or more SSDs in the big optical drive bay, and/or use M2 drives. .

Instead of fitting a front panel with USB ports and a multiformat card reader, I brought the rear USB ports up to the physical desk top with StarTech cables.

I did wonder if I should buy a remote power switch, but the machine is configured to start with a key press.

The innards are an Asrock A320-DVS board, a Ryzen 2600 and 16Gb of RAM in 2 sticks.

The build is compact and not at all flashy, and with quiet fans isn't noisy. There aren't enough fan headers on the motherboard so most of the fans are connected to the PSU and run at full power.

To summarise: 3x120mm, 2x80mm, 1x92mm, plus PSU exhaust and GPU exhaust.