Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two different GPUs in one PC, one for video playback, one for gaming

Screaver

Hey guys i've got a question,

I regularly watch youtube videos while gaming. I recently bought a used GTX 980 which apparently doesn't support H.265 video decoding. That's a bummer because some videos will almost kill my CPU without the assistance of my graphics card. I used a 1050Ti before and it worked nice, because since Pascal, there is H.265 video decoding support.

Is there a way I can have both cards plugged in and let my 1050Ti decode the video while I game on my 980?

It took me quite some time to even realize why my PC was so slow when watching 4K content suddenly.

Thank you in advance for your time. If you have further question feel free to ask.

Cheers, Screaver

By the way, I did a test with Microsoft Edge a few minutes ago. In Edge I seem to get my GPU properly utilized while watching YouTube but there is no option for 4K anymore. Is this because Edge doesn't support H.265 in the first place? I don't have much knowledge in that regard, so maybe I am wrong with that.

I just reinstalled Chrome because I thought it could be a bug. Nothing changed.

Well, seems like I have to stick with h264ify for now. A friend just texted me to test it. It disables H.265 on YouTube. It's just like Edge now. Only 1080p but at least with Video decoding. If someone still knows how to get it running with 2 GPUs in my system i'd appreciate it because I normally watch 4K content and can't do it anymore