Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I Install NVIDIA Drivers & Overclock A Machine I Am Selling?

I have just successfully built my first PC (yay!) and I plan to resell it until I make enough profit to afford my dream PC. I just booted into Windows and everything is showing up great. However, I am tempted to overclock the CPU and the GPU and install the Corsair iCUE software and G.Skill's RGB RAM software. Do buyers want to have their systems pushed to the limit with all the drivers pre-installled and everything ready for them (sounds like a prebuild eeeeekk!) Thanks in advance for your help!

1 minute ago, Peek-Atch-You said:

I have just successfully built my first PC (yay!) and I plan to resell it until I make enough profit to afford my dream PC. I just booted into Windows and everything is showing up great. However, I am tempted to overclock the CPU and the GPU and install the Corsair iCUE software and G.Skill's RGB RAM software. Do buyers want to have their systems pushed to the limit with all the drivers pre-installled and everything ready for them (sounds like a prebuild eeeeekk!) Thanks in advance for your help!

If you're selling a system with Windows installed, you should deliver it in a state where gaming will be immediatly possible; since that is what the buyer expects. You should also deliver it in the most stable way it could be, with all features available.

For that reason, I say install the needed drivers, install the needed RGB program and do not overclock (since that could introduce instability).

The only sort of overclocking I would recommend though, when selling a system is XMP. Basically the memory speed should be set to the advertised speeds, otherwise it's kind of silly to advertise it as such

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks. I already did the XMP profile because that is a must. I'll get it game ready!

Also you can do this in audit mode(ctrol alt f3 at the login screen). This lets you install updates and programs, and the user seeis the normal make a account page.